Procycling thread

myshkin

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:
8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:
That lead out from Deceunick-QuickStep was absolutely bloody sensational. Unbelievable. 

There's something fantastic about seeing the rainbow bands in a lead out train

It's bloody lovely. The strength of that DQS team is unbelievable but that was like watching peak HTC for a sprint finish there. 

Just now, jaggyness said:

Although, having said all that tomorrow is another huge challenge just to survive for the sprinters in particular with the double ascent of Ventoux. Expect Pogacar to rip the race apart tomorrow just cos he can.

At least he's got a team that will do their best to drag him over these next couple of stages so hopefully he can make it. 

Pogacar will rag doll the rest of the GC again. Nobody looks like they can get near him now. 

56 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That lead out from Deceunick-QuickStep was absolutely bloody sensational. Unbelievable. 

55 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

DQS recreating the old HTC train there for Cavendish. Great work. 

49 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

There's something fantastic about seeing the rainbow bands in a lead out train

46 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

It's bloody lovely. The strength of that DQS team is unbelievable but that was like watching peak HTC for a sprint finish there. 

Still not a patch on Super Mario's Saeco Train or Petacchi's Fassa Bortolo.

More excited about tomorrow's stage than I am about the England game. Champions love a win on Ventoux, and I can see Pogacar going for the win here. I love a Maillot Jaune winning a mountain stage.

I didn't watch last year, so I'm not sure what kind of descender he is. 

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Still not a patch on Super Mario's Saeco Train or Petacchi's Fassa Bortolo.

And the Fassa Bortolo kit remains the best cycling kit of the last 30 years. I cycled through France and Switzerland wearing it. Proper full kit w****r too.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Cipollini was an absolute carry on tbf. A born entertainer.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed51137c1e70fd90265a538d87b5ff5f.jpeg

I was looking for a pic of his podium with the Armani suit, & Stetson, then came across his appearance on Italy's Dancing With the Stars!😂🤣😂

Stock photo of TOUR OF ITALY, MILAN, Italy

The best of the Lion King: Mario Cipollini's greatest hits - CyclingTips

Go to the bottom of the page, *Tried getting the link but failed. It's the look on the judges faces.😂🤣😂

Edited by kiddy

I love how Cipollini fucked off the Tour organisers, by climbing off before getting to the mountains, then heading for the beach, when he dragged his arse round the Giro for the Ciclamino jersey 3x,😂🤣😂

To put Cav's record attempt into perspective. Cipo's second (57) in total GT victories to Merckx (64) , with Cav a further 6 back on (51),

11 hours ago, velo army said:

And the Fassa Bortolo kit remains the best cycling kit of the last 30 years. I cycled through France and Switzerland wearing it. Proper full kit w****r too.

I mentioned my recent crash on the cycling thread but the casualty in that is my 2013 Garmin-Sharp kit with the Argyle pattern on. Absolutely loved that kit but has sadly come off second best in a fight with tarmac. 

image.png.613ab7aced70b2f6e9480023fe61a806.png

Does this give me an excuse to go on a shopping spree to replace it all?

image.png.c4f5ea73f6da397cf07653c38b2bee78.png

Brutal stage for the sprinters today. 
It will be tough for them to beat the time limit.
Fingers crossed for Cav!
Good to see Colbrelli in there too, Sagan was falling back toward them as well.
Fair few abandoned today as well.