Procycling thread

myshkin

What makes you say this?

because it is pretty obvious they are doping.

wiggins has improved his TT'ing and his climbing which isn't possible without some sort of PED assistance. froome is a bag of bones and finished 2nd in the TT. he is also the strongest climber in the race. the only riders who have ever taken a leap like froome has at his age are the likes of armstrong, induarian and riis ie drug cheats.

the days of the best climbers being the best TT'rs looked to be thankfully over. sky have brought the dark days back, the reaction to this tour in the peloton is going to be to reach for the syringes.

As a naive cycling newbie that view depresses me :(

I genuinely believe that Wiggins/sky are clean! Anybody with any cycling knowledge seems to take a dimmer view, I have picked up on this.

I was thrilled when Miller took that stage last week. Surely he's clean??!!

I genuinely believe that Wiggins/sky are clean! Anybody with any cycling knowledge seems to take a dimmer view, I have picked up on this.

The evidence suggest's he is, by that i mean increased performance on less weight. If Wiggins was this good then he'd have achieved it before (part of me think's it isn't him that is doping more the team). The eternal optimist in me hope's he isn't.

I'd imagine Miller will be clean, just he had a great stage and disappeared for the rest of it.

If Millar is anything but clean then he must be one of the most stupid guys going. FWIW I think he does ride clean, I just wish he`d start pointing the finger at others. He certainly knows a lot of what went on in the Armstrong era, I guess legal complications are the excuse he`d use for keeping omerta in tact. He had a stupid amount of talent coming through when he was young. He got caught doping to win the World TT title. His career has followed the path of someone willing to have a go, performing admirably in TT, winning occasionally, but not even giving it a go in the mountains.

It`s worth reading his book Racing Through The Dark get a copy from the library if you don`t want to pass your hard-earned on to a convicted & self-proclaimed doper.

Given what has happened over the years, it seems that 99% of riders who achieve any slight success are tarred with the same brush as those before them. Either they are cheating which does the sport no favours, or they are clean and everyone thinks they have been doping regardless. No win situation.

Froome really need to move on. He has proven that he is the best climber in this years tour. He would be leading any other team and had he been riding for someone else, would probably have won the tour.

You can add that to last years Vuelta. Had the Sky team been based around him rather than Wiggins, Cobo would not have won. Froome`s own fault at this Tour for staying with Sky. Who`s to say though, if Froome had been at another team he may have been just another top 10 contender wink.gif

You can add that to last years Vuelta. Had the Sky team been based around him rather than Wiggins, Cobo would not have won. Froome`s own fault at this Tour for staying with Sky. Who`s to say though, if Froome had been at another team he may have been just another top 10 contender wink.gif

Surely there's no way Froome will be fresh enough to ride the Vuelta as a contender as it starts on August 18th this year. I'd say Sky owe him one Grand Tour as team leader after his efforts here.

It would appear so, Wiggins as good as admitted he thinks he's won in his interview there. No way will he loose his lead between tomorrow and the TT.

Aye, just watched it there.

I think Sky's objectives now will be to see Wiggins through unscathed & set Cavendish up for another victory on the Champs-Elysees.