Procycling thread

myshkin

Superb news for Team GB that Cancellara has injured himself.

Means Wiggins and Froome should be a shoo-in for medals, on current form biggrin.gif

delighted for you,you w**k

not half as delighted as i was seeing team gb getting f**k all in the road race,though,poor cav/wiggo etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by highlandcowden

That was the worst coverage of a bike race I've ever seen. Did they film it from the back of Boris Johnston's pushbike?

The people that do the racing on the continent must have been pishing themselves. Who says the olympics isn't for amatuers....

Cancellara looked good until he, er, forgot to turn the corner.

Really weird bit at the end when David Harmon said Uran wasn't even on the UCI startlist!

Vino winning it was a fucking laugh you have to say. The UCI must have been spewing when he crossed the line. f**k goes their cycling is getting cleaner line 8)

Vino laugh.gif get it up you Sky, outfoxed by the doper supreme!

Surely the worst "Sky" mistake was Uran looking over his shoulder wi 500 to go, at the chasing pack, whilst Vino put the hammer down on his other side.

Thought the Germans made a bigger pigs ear of it than the Brits. If they'd have shared the workload at least they'd have been in with a chance of medalling with Greipel.

Surely the worst "Sky" mistake was Uran looking over his shoulder wi 500 to go, at the chasing pack, whilst Vino put the hammer down on his other side.

Thought the Germans made a bigger pigs ear of it than the Brits. If they'd have shared the workload at least they'd have been in with a chance of medalling with Greipel.

Can't fathom why the Germans sat back and left GB to it, if it had come down to a sprint Greipel would have been a cert to medal IMO. I could have understood it if the Germans had a rider in the breakaway, but afaik they didn't.

uran was never going to beat vino in a sprint. he knew it. the fact he was in the sprint is more evidence of uk postal.

watching the bbc highlights there was pathetic. we had kelly holmes, micheal johnson and john mcenroe criticsing team gb's tactics despite not having a clue about road cycling. i'm not a cav fan but he should have smashed the bbc bird who said to him "mark cavendish and the olympics don't go together". one madison where wiggins didn't try and one road race vs all the best riders in the world. what is he meant to do?

i said on this thread a couple of weeks ago that you can't control the race with 5 riders. i'm glad we saw a good contest today. vino winning was hilarious. the bbc negging him was predictable but he hasn't tested positive since 2007 so surely he must be clean in 2012........:P

Edited by T_S_A_R

Can't fathom why the Germans sat back and left GB to it, if it had come down to a sprint Greipel would have been a cert to medal IMO. I could have understood it if the Germans had a rider in the breakaway, but afaik they didn't.

because they hate team sky

dormolin - i would be suprised if anyone who is a long term cycling fan would be happy that any rider crashed and i'm 99.9% sure that no one who rides a bike regularly would make a comment like that.

Edited by T_S_A_R

You could accuse the Aussies of the same, though they had O'Grady in the break. He was never going to win & Gerrans or Goss were their best hope.

dormolin - i would be suprised if anyone who is a long term cycling fan would be happy that any rider crashed and i'm 99.9% sure that no one who rides a bike regularly would make a comment like that.

What the f**k are you on about you dozy c**t? (I am assuming that this comment is aimed at me)

because they hate team sky

That's a real twisted logic for ignoring what you have been training for, i.e. to give one of the fasted sprinters in the world in Greipel a shot at a medal. Quite sad tbh that a team's hatred for another had more bearing on their tactics than trying to do what they were supposedly there for.

Edited by peasy23