Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Had to sit through a couple of fairly dire support acts to get there, but Anna Meredith was absolutely tremendous last night. Some racket her and her band make!

How is the venue in Hug and Pint? Literally next door to my flat so meqn to catch some bands there at some point.

mrcat1990, on 18 May 2016 - 19:29, said:

How is the venue in Hug and Pint? Literally next door to my flat so meqn to catch some bands there at some point.

I liked the sound in there. It's absolutely tiny though. Which I suppose helps.

Its probably my favourite venue in Glasgow. Been there a few times (including last night at Malcolm Holcombe) and the sound has always been brilliant. I've now booked a gig in there as well because of how good it is. As RG says though, it is tiny. I was shocked when the booker told me it holds 120. 

Going to the James concert tonight at the hydro.

Cannae wait.

Excellent gig last night. Sound was a bit ropey but sorted out and the new songs were good live. Except Move Down South which was time to go to the bar. Wish they'd do the Barras again tho.

Excellent gig last night. Sound was a bit ropey but sorted out and the new songs were good live. Except Move Down South which was time to go to the bar. Wish they'd do the Barras again tho.

Have to admit the songs from the new album hadn't really grabbed me but they were great live.

Going to see Mothers at The Hug & Pint tonight, Day Wave at Broadcast tomorrow then Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds at the Concert Hall on Friday night which I'm proper buzzing about.

Supposed to go and see Julien Baker at Broadcast on Saturday as well but can see me patching that to watch the Champions League final.