Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 11/26/2018 at 16:54, GrahamJags said:

The Twilight Sad in London tomorrow and Edinburgh on Thursday. So, so buzzing.

How was London? They seem to be playing a lot of new stuff so as much as I'm looking forward to Edinburgh it feels like more of a warm up for the Barras in March.

Edited by alr

How was London? They seem to be playing a lot of new stuff so as much as I'm looking forward to Edinburgh it feels like more of a warm up for the Barras in March.

It was amazing. Played 4 new songs (the three singles released so far, and The Arbor). Edinburgh gig will be special, but absolutely nothing on the Barras next year, which will be next level.

Was he in the big room or the middley one?
As far as i'm aware there is only one room, it's a newish venue located across the river behind centraal station you need to take the ferry, are you maybe thinking of the Paradiso just off Leidseplein?
Great show he played his new album in full then a selection of tunes from his solo stuff

As far as i'm aware there is only one room, it's a newish venue located across the river behind centraal station you need to take the ferry, are you maybe thinking of the Paradiso just off Leidseplein?
Great show he played his new album in full then a selection of tunes from his solo stuff
Oh aye, I was - I'm a long time off the circuit!
Need to see Gruff on his own one of these days

1 minute ago, L. Brilliant said:

Oh aye, I was - I'm a long time off the circuit!
Need to see Gruff on his own one of these days

It's still part of the Paradiso, they usually have small to medium sized gigs there, haven't been to the big Paradiso in a while which is a shame as its a great venue.

He's so entertaining! I love his mumbling chat between songs and use of caption cards.

On 30/10/2018 at 00:24, Yoss said:

quite a lot to look forward to in November - Estrons, Parquet Courts, Stella Donnelly, Pip Blom, Metric, Drahla. And maybe some others.

Estrons were very good, as ever, Stella Donelly awesome once again; Parquet Courts I ended up seeing twice, wasn't knocked out in Glasgow - not to keen on SWG3's tv studio as a venue - but they were great in Camdeb; Pp Blom were great fun as long as you're fine with a laissez fair attitude to tuning; Drahla are an acquired taste, not crowd-plearers, but I like them a lot. Metric I ended up missing, alas, for work stuff.

I've got nothing at all lined up in December.

Anyone else manage to get GZA tickets? Pretty excited for this one. Liquid Swords is the best solo Wu album for me, it’s matured majestically, having previously been an OB4CL diehard man and boy...buzzing! 

Edited by Christophe

Based on the geometric progression of last Saturday and last night, by the time I see The Twilight Sad next year I will probably drown in my own tears.
Must admit i got a bit emotional when i saw them in Amsterdam a few weeks back, as did James, they had just finished a cover of Frightened Rabbits keep yourself warm, he was expressing his appreciation to the sold out crowd and teared up, spoke to him afterwards and he said it was a combination of his joy at seeing a crowd loving the gig and of course thinking of Scott.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Based on the geometric progression of last Saturday and last night, by the time I see The Twilight Sad next year I will probably drown in my own tears.

Think last night was probably the best gig I've ever been to. Wouldn't be surprised if the Barras next year tops it.

I went to see The Mountain Goats on Friday here in North Carolina. Good show, I prefer their faster numbers and we got a few but he also went into a lot of longer softer stuff. their catalog is so vast you can never be too sure what to expect.