Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Aqualung tonight - annoying how "local knoweldge" can turn into paying £10 for a ticket! :lol:

£10 well spent :D

Missed the last 15 minutes of his set though so I could become an unpaid tour guide. :lol:

Maybe Endrick Brothers next Friday at Hughenden. Then Maximo Park at the Barras, NME New Music Tour and Saturday T in the Park. B)

Plus any freebies my wee cuz can sort out for QMU B)

How much? I'll buy them!

The View at the Music Hall last night - superb

First support band, Luva Anna were pretty poor i think, didnt rate them much. Then The Law came on, they were superb as usual -getting the crowd going.

Then came that arsehold Donny Tourette and Towers of London. To be honest, musically, they were pretty tight - but the lyrics were shit. The amount of pints flying his way was amusing. Walking on stage saying "raise your game you sheep shagging c*nts" aint gonna please the crowd. Although his cocky attitude soon disappeared after he slipped on his arse :lol:. Was also amusing to see him jump into the crowd, only to get smacked in the face :lol:

The View were outstanding. Right from the opening chords of "Coming Down", the crowd were mental and really were up for it. They must have played everything, b sides aswell and even did a great cover of "Up the Junction" by Squeeze

All in all, a top night! :D

Next gig is Lost Prophets,

I have one of the drummers drumsticks from lost prophets :P

Saw them in Glasgow a few years back and caught one as he through them out to the crowd at the end. :)

The View at the Music Hall last night - superb

First support band, Luva Anna were pretty poor i think, didnt rate them much. Then The Law came on, they were superb as usual -getting the crowd going.

Then came that arsehold Donny Tourette and Towers of London. To be honest, musically, they were pretty tight - but the lyrics were shit. The amount of pints flying his way was amusing. Walking on stage saying "raise your game you sheep shagging c*nts" aint gonna please the crowd. Although his cocky attitude soon disappeared after he slipped on his arse :lol:. Was also amusing to see him jump into the crowd, only to get smacked in the face :lol:

The View were outstanding. Right from the opening chords of "Coming Down", the crowd were mental and really were up for it. They must have played everything, b sides aswell and even did a great cover of "Up the Junction" by Squeeze

All in all, a top night! :D

The View are indeed fantastic live. Seen them twice. Was gutted to miss out on ticks for the baras.

Going to see the Dykeenies on friday which should be good then Lostprophets next wed. They are also great live!

This is the "gig's you're going to" thread, not the "I've got tickets for these gigs but am looking to punt them to some scrote" thread :P

Not so fast, Dave. Let's hear the man out B)

You can have a pair for 100 quid :ph34r:

Made a last minute decision to go along to the Ironworks last night for the Bootleg Beatles, and what a great decision that was to make. :D

I'd seen them support Oasis years ago at Loch Lomond but that probably wasn't the best environment to enjoy them in. A great mix of people last night right across the age spectrum (and class I suppose when you consider some of the neds that were in :lol: ) for what was a really fun night, I don't think you could fail to enjoy it really.

Was also the first time I've managed to catch Ross Shire band The Side after numerous near misses since they started. Not bad, good band but they could do with stronger songs. Last song started off with some brilliant Jimmy Page-like guitar riffs but descended into a showy off affair that didn't seem to know what it wanted to be. Well worth catching though. There's a better standard than normal of bands around in the Highlands at the moment, ashame the worst of them seems to be the only one with a record deal.

Disaster strikes - my wife booked our holiday and it clashes with T in the Park, so i now wont be going - Colin has first refusal on the weekend tickets, other than that if anyone wants them (regular weekend tickets) they can PM me.