Gigs

pilsner_ffc

10 hours ago, AndyM said:

The Almighty last night at the Barrowlands was absolutely superb. Place was bouncing. Was like they'd never been away and I felt like I was 19 again. The effort in putting my socks on this morning I realised I was not 19 any more.

A nice shout out too from Ricky Warwick to Shane MaGowan and Geordie Walker.

Have to agree with that. They were absolutely brilliant. Tantrum looked exactly like he did the last time I saw him with them.

Vinnie Caruana of The Movielife and I Am The Avalanche solo acoustic tonight. Absolutely brilliant set of songs from both bands and his solo material. And when you meet one of your teenage heroes and he's just the coolest guy, it's a big bonus.

Support from Sam Russo who was also excellent. Very good night.

20231203_214929.jpg

Currently in Dundee to watch Arab Strap. First venue I’ve been to with the ampersand since the good old days of Sunday night karaoke at the Coach & Horses back in 19…

It certainly is different. The tone of the evening was set earlier when the dog was ordering pints at the bar.

Next gig: Arab Strap in Gala. Sort of home game. So I’ll be there.

IMG_9394.jpeg

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9383.jpeg

The Used at the Galvanizers tonight. Some really good nostalgia and the newer songs hold up well too. Not at the top of my list of gigs from this year but still a very good performance. 

Support from The Home Team and Honey Revenge who were both a lot of fun. Honey Revenge in particular I really enjoyed.

20231205_222141.jpg

On 01/12/2023 at 21:21, cdhafc1874 said:

Have seen Nickelback on previous tours & they put on a very good show live but the ticket prices for the Hydro gig next year are absolutely ridiculous.

£160 odd for a standing ticket with cheapest £60 odd in the 3rd tier of seats in the gods.

Chad Kroeger & co can GTF at those kinda prices!!!

I managed to get standing for about £90 in the presale. I'd normally refuse to pay that but I've never seen them before and they're on my gig bucket list.

Took in Halocene at Slay in Glasgow on Saturday and they were very good. The vocals were outstanding. Then on Tuesday I was in Edinburgh for the Darkness and it's probably one of the best shows I've ever been to. Even the support, Bad Nerves, were top listening

On 07/12/2023 at 14:08, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm going to try and get a ticket for The Killers at the Hydro next year.

Thirteen years of seeing live music and it's finally happened - I've finally breached the three figure barrier for a ticket. One hundred and five actual human money to see a band. And I never even realised Travis are the support, they should have knocked fifty quid off for that.

Still, at least I didn't go for "early standing access" for two hundred and twenty one pounds. I don't care how famous or popular I ever was, I couldn't live with myself if I thought people were paying that much to see me.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still, at least I didn't go for "early standing access" for two hundred and twenty one pounds. I don't care how famous or popular I ever was, I couldn't live with myself if I thought people were paying that much to see me.

Killers fanclub fans are mental though. I can bet there are a few I've met that will have / attempted to buy early access for all three dates, will walk out of The Hydro on the Wednesday into a tent and sleep there to be first on Thursday and the Friday. They did the same when they played two days at Falkirk. Nutcases that go to not many other bands but will follow The Killers obsessively. The best part is they're called The Victims.
Managed to get tickets for the Friday. With Green Day on the Wednesday and Rammstein in Dublin on that Monday. I can only hope I survive.

December I've saw Against The Current on the 4th. Had M&G which was great, band are nice and I kinda love Chrissy Costanza even if she is v.small. Call Me Amour and Lolo were both good support acts. Got The Darkness at the Barras on Monday and that's 28 and done for this year.

4 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Killers fanclub fans are mental though. I can bet there are a few I've met that will have / attempted to buy early access for all three dates, will walk out of The Hydro on the Wednesday into a tent and sleep there to be first on Thursday and the Friday. They did the same when they played two days at Falkirk. Nutcases that go to not many other bands but will follow The Killers obsessively. The best part is they're called The Victims.
Managed to get tickets for the Friday. With Green Day on the Wednesday and Rammstein in Dublin on that Monday. I can only hope I survive.

December I've saw Against The Current on the 4th. Had M&G which was great, band are nice and I kinda love Chrissy Costanza even if she is v.small. Call Me Amour and Lolo were both good support acts. Got The Darkness at the Barras on Monday and that's 28 and done for this year.

Over two hundred notes for the privilege of standing about for a few hours. Absolutely deranged.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There has never been a band I've wanted to see badly enough to queue in unpredictable weather all day and stand around for hours before the music starts.

There's only been two gigs I've turned up at doors opening and both were in Ivory Blacks. Que friends are best friends and being at the barrier is the peak gig experience imo.

11 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

There's only been two gigs I've turned up at doors opening and both were in Ivory Blacks. Que friends are best friends and being at the barrier is the peak gig experience imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm.quite often there at doors - especially upstairs in the O2 with the unassigned seats - but I'm.never there hours before.

Paramore is the earliest I've been anywhere, an hour and a half before it opened. There were still probably about 2000 people inside already by the time the doors opened.

Paws tonight at the Poetry Club in SWG3. I should probably have asked before now, anybody been in there? Is it the same as the other SWG3 venues, you all queue together and go to the bit you're going to when you're in?