Gigs

pilsner_ffc

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Paramore is the earliest I've been anywhere, an hour and a half before it opened. There were still probably about 2000 people inside already by the time the doors opened.

Paws tonight at the Poetry Club in SWG3. I should probably have asked before now, anybody been in there? Is it the same as the other SWG3 venues, you all queue together and go to the bit you're going to when you're in?

It’s a lovely wee room. You enter at the bottom of the lane on the opposite side of the road from the big room entrance. The room itself is under the railway arches. Tiny wee room but I really enjoyed the nights I’ve been in there.

18 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Back to see Torridon tonight, this time in Dunfermline and they were even better than the last time, absolutely fantastic but have to say that I was disappointed in the size of the crowd. Superb night all the same 

IMG_0495.jpeg

I’m going to see them tonight at The Mac Arts in Gala 

Arab Strap doing the 25th Anniversary of Philophobia at Saint Luke's tonight. Absolutely superb stuff, loved the album then, still sounds great now.

Support from 7ebra, who were... fine. 

Shane about the two clowns behind us who seemed to be more interested in their own loud conversation than the show.

20231209_212324.jpg

14 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

You’re in for a treat @stanton, honestly. Let me know how you find it 👍🏻

Superb, another great night. Hopefully they will be back sometime next year. The crowd might not have been the biggest but those who were really enjoyed themselves, everyone was going for it bouncing around like dafties, don’t think I have been in the company of as many pished women before, great covers of Loch Lomand , Caledonia & Hearts of Olden Glory , a really decent bunch of lads who seemed to have a good time on stage with plenty of banter , I’d definitely see them again 

18 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

It’s a lovely wee room. You enter at the bottom of the lane on the opposite side of the road from the big room entrance. The room itself is under the railway arches. Tiny wee room but I really enjoyed the nights I’ve been in there.

It was a bit warm. And I went upstairs, so spent the night feeling like I had vertigo. Aside from that, good night.

Saw Belle and Sebastian at Paisley Town Hall last night.  Playing a mix from everything so with the huge discography you are never sure what you are going to get. It was filmed so it will be on the telly? at some point I guess. Obviously they played Boy with the Arab Strap. Finished with Lazy Line Painter Jane.

The crowd wasn't exactly bouncing but it was a good atmosphere.

Paisley Town Hall is a smart venue, clearly an upgrade over Motherwell Civic Centre which imo would have been cavernous. Much nicer building in Paisley too. Just newly renovated. Bar queue moved quickly too.

Last gig of the year next week seeing Man of Moon at The Glad Cafe. 

Top 10 of the year:

1. Bruce Springsteen at Estadio Olimpic (which is the best gig I’ve been to in my life)
  2. Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires at Broadcast
  3. Bdrmm at the Classic Grand
  4. Yves Tumor at QMU
  5. Elton John at the Hydro
  6. The 1975 at the Hydro
  7. OSees at the Old Fruitmarket
  8. Boygenius at Gunnersbury Park
  9. Cory Hanson at the Moth Club
  10. The Twilight Sad at the Old Fruitmarket

Been a really good year for gigs. Jessie Ware at the Barrowlands, Geese at King Tuts and Christine & The Queens at Usher Hall were also excellent. 

8 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Big Country tonight at PJ Molloys Dunfermline. 

A Blondie/Stranglers tribute day tomorrow when I take in Dirty Harry/Straighten out at La Belle Angele.

Never been to either venue before.

I quite like La Belle, decent wee venue. Been there loads, the drink prices for Edinburgh aren’t too much of a rip off.

On 16/12/2023 at 10:01, Craig fae the Vale said:

I looked up the prices out of curiosity with no real intention of going. Glad I had no intention because those prices are nonsense.

13 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Oofftt!! I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t pay that for any gig. Wow!

Turns out they're getting more expensive the more they sell, not sure how that works but the standing tickets are now at £196.50 each so £200+ with booking fees.