Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

i seen shed seven at castlefield bowl a few years back- brilliant venue 👍🏼

🚂🚋🚋🚋🚋

I was there too.  Excellent venue.

Edit: love this photo I took. 

FB_IMG_1720174044417.jpg

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Got a free ticket to see Stevie Nicks on Tuesday at the new Co-op arena so expect to be like Peter at some point.

26 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Got a free ticket to see Stevie Nicks on Tuesday at the new Co-op arena so expect to be like Peter at some point.

Not anymore. She’s cancelled. 

51 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not anymore. She’s cancelled. 

Yes, just got an email about that 10 mins ago, not too fussed, I was only going because it was free though the cheapest ticket right now is £172.00!!

Posted (edited)

Went to see Skipinnish at the Bught Park last night.  Not really my thing, but it was six quid for a can of T so I had to stay sober. 

Edited by Savage Henry

awakebutstillinbed and Your Arms Are My Cocoon co headliner at Nice N Sleazy tonight. YAAMC closed the show, and their brand of bedroom screamo is fun, but not really my thing. awakebutstillinbed were incredible, played for twice as long as YAAMC and were just brilliant from start to finish. Shannon is the queen of emo in my eyes, and a lovely person who took time to talk to everyone who wanted to. 

Locals houserules and glowwworms opened, both good fun although I much preferred houserules. Good night all round.

20240707_212936.jpg

Suede and Manics at Edinburgh Castle last night.  Manics were good (JDB’s voice is in pretty good nick!) and I would say Suede struggled slightly with not “their crowd”, but are still amazing.  I have no idea where Brett gets his energy from - I think the chemical days are long behind him!

On 04/07/2024 at 23:47, KirkySuperSub said:

I'm exact opposite, not really into MSP at all, albeit saw them at the SECC back in the day, when they opened with "Australia".

Suede for me are awesome live, saw them 5, 6 times at least - amazing live band!

Literally, like 2 minutes ago, just secured a free ticket to the gig at Castlefield Bowl, Manchester, 2 days after the Edinburgh Castle gig!!!

Chuffed.

Had to cancel my trip to Manchester, as my mother-in-law became seriously ill on Wednesday in her care home.

Sadly she passed away this morning, so I am quite glad I did cancel my plans, as I would have been stuck in a hotel in Manchester this morning, having taken a call from the misses to tell me the news - I would have felt awful and guily as hell. 

My mate said the gig was amazing however, said Suede were superb, although the video clips he sent me of both Suede and MSP, have to say there's a massive difference between Scottish audiences and everywhere else - it all looked a tad 'sedate' to me, tbqh. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by KirkySuperSub

I was  just at the Travis gig at Fat Sam's. It was on at 4pm to avoid clashing with the fitba'. It felt weird emerging from a sweaty gig into bright sunshine.

I was impressed. A decent performance of their sing along hits.

There was the usual problem of chatterboxes in the crowd talking... until Fran Healy called them c***s and told them to shut the f**k up... to huge roars of approval from the rest of the audience. Healy went way up in my estimation.

Into It. Over It. tonight at Stereo. Absolutely incredible performance. Started hot, never let up. The quality of Evan's songs just shines through.

Support from Sweet Pill and Tangled Hair, both fantastic as well. Great night all round.

20240715_213917.jpg

A bit of shameless self-promotion, but my band - The Substitutes - are playing this gig in Dundee at Duck Slattery's on Saturday 31st August 2024, as part of a 45th anniversary celebrating the film "Quadrophenia", with Phil Daniels in attendance.

Less than 50 (of circa 300) tickets now left.

FB_IMG_1721141861954.jpg

10 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Ears are still ringing from last night, so I think it might be time to invest in some ear protection. Anyone got any experience with them?

I've used these ones for nearly two years I think - Zound Earplugs (experiencezound.com)

Came as a set of 2 with the keyring holder. I will say that it can be a bit fidgety to get them in and out of the case thing, and I've only got one pair left as at least one got dropped and lost near the barrier of the 02 academy... but they do work. For some of the heavier metalcore gigs I've been to it actually improves it a lot. Sadly also found it lets me hear my own voice when singing along more than usual but it's a trade to not be (more) deaf.

355 days ago I saw Big Girl's Blouse for the first time, opening the bill at King Tut's Summer Nights. Fast forward nearly a year and they are headlining that same stage at one of the most famous venues in music, and deservedly so. What a band. My absolute favourites on the Glasgow scene and fast becoming one of my favourites full stop. Melody, rawness, energy, stage presence. And lovely people as well. If there's any justice they'll be huge. Stunning performance. 

In support tonight were goth/dance punks Corrine, who were superb and treated us to a delightfully unexpected tatu cover and alt punks Exploding Onions, who were brilliant openers. Go see your local bands, folks, you might find some gems.

20240719_215055.jpg