Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 20/08/2024 at 08:59, Ex Machina said:

Was also at AC/DC in Dublin. Incredible show, my wife's all time favourite and top of the bucket list band so glad we could make it happen for her before they inevitably call it a day. Got a good spot in the front of pitch standing, crowd were well up for it as well as the band.

If they can put on a show like that now, I'd have loved to have seen them even 15-20 years ago.

20240817_204809.thumb.jpg.8ded3bd64e6a7cce903faf8a18eb95e8.jpg

I was too young for the Bon Scott era but I first saw them in 1991 at Donington and on the Razor's Edge tour the year later and they were incredible live.

The whole Donington gig is an absolute joy as is searching out live recordings on YouTube from the early 1980s. Brian Johnson's voice back then was just ferocious.  

Gigs in September:

1st - Edinburgh Psych Festival -(Various venues featuring Gruff Rhys, Divorce, Bug Club, New Dad, Pigs x 7, Juniore, Temples, Cloth, Gurriers)
15th - Kiioto (Mono)
17th - Arab Strap (Lemon Tree)
25th - Hamish Hawk (Tunnels)
30th - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Barras)

I had tickets for Arab Strap at the Barras and also Los Campesinos! on the 21st, but the Spartans match at 5:30 pm put an end to those plans.

Edited by betting competition

Managed to get tickets for the Tuesday Oasis gig at Murrayfield. Quite an accomplishment I believe as I did this using the Hydro wifi, because at 7pm I was at the barrier waiting for TSSF/Blink-182 to start.
Wasn't too convinced by The Story So Far, and my barrier-friend did point out Parker (their lead singer) was reminiscent of Liam Gallagher with his general look and stance at the microphone. Ok as a support imo but not more invested in them for me. Also when he came on with Blink to sing Carousel he moved around a lot more than he did with his own songs.
Blink were awesome, as per.

7 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Managed to get tickets for the Tuesday Oasis gig at Murrayfield. Quite an accomplishment I believe as I did this using the Hydro wifi, because at 7pm I was at the barrier waiting for TSSF/Blink-182 to start.
Wasn't too convinced by The Story So Far, and my barrier-friend did point out Parker (their lead singer) was reminiscent of Liam Gallagher with his general look and stance at the microphone. Ok as a support imo but not more invested in them for me. Also when he came on with Blink to sing Carousel he moved around a lot more than he did with his own songs.
Blink were awesome, as per.

It is indeed quite an accomplishment to get anything done on the Hydro WiFi.

I love The Story So Far, going to.see them at SWG3 in October. 

Anyway, busy September for me upcoming:
1st: Ocean Sleep (Inn Defence)
2nd: Bambi Thug (SWG3 Warehouse)
8th: Sixth Wonder (Inn Defence)
9th: Blackberry Smoke (O2 Academy Glasgow)
10th: Have Mercy (Nice N Sleazy)
12th: American Football (Barrowlands)
17th: Lauran Hibberd (King Tut's)
18th: Science Makes Us Robots (Bloc+)
22nd: Boston Manor / Trophy Eyes (SWG3 TV Studio)
23rd: The Dangerous Summer (Cathouse)

I hope I've not overstretched myself. 3 of them are free though, so no committment there. Bambie Thug was a present for my wife's birthday, so hopefully they're decent. Absolutey cannot wait for American Football doing LP1 in full

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Like is it buying tickets from Viagogo?

Bairn wants to go to Slipknot in December and they have tickets, all above board aye?

Have used it occasionally in the past, both as a buyer and a seller. Onus is on the seller to prove to viagogo they actually have a ticket. Once payment had been completed, then tickets were received straight away.  

43 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Have used it occasionally in the past, both as a buyer and a seller. Onus is on the seller to prove to viagogo they actually have a ticket. Once payment had been completed, then tickets were received straight away.  

Ahh right, so they can't advertise the ticket without proof that they have it?

My gigs for September

12th September - Slyder Smith & The Oblivion Kids (w/PowderKeg) @ Molly Malone's
28th September - Rockinburgh - Oli Brown & The Dead Collective (w/ Jeanice Lee) @ La Belle

Rockinburgh website has doors at 5:30 instead of 2pm which seems more normal, quite early as there's 7 bands on. Apparently it's put on by a charity to raise money for children's hospitals and baby units. No-one been to La Belle before?

Bambie Thug at SWG3 tonight.

Ireland's 2024 Eurovision entry is one of the best performers I've seen in a long time. Their stage presence is abundant and the energy they give off is just pure positivity. The songs are pretty damn good too. Didn't really know what to expect going in, was thoroughly entertained.

Wee note about the venue though. First time I've been in the Warehouse room at SWG3 and was not a fan. Around 60% of the venue has a restricted view due to the massive pillars. Not faulting the sound quality, as always at SWG3 it was top class, but not a brilliant viewing experience unless you're right in the middle.

20240902_203943.jpg

Sausage and Cider festival in Dundee for me this weekend.

Shaun Ryder is headlining with a bunch of tribute acts as the warm up. Got tickets for £20 so can't complain.

More interested in sampling the sausage (steady on) and cider TBQHWY.

Edited by The Naitch