Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to Black Stone Cherry at the Barrowlands last night, not the best gig I have ever been to although it would have been hard to follow Trivium at Dundee last Tuesday!

Next gig for me, Metallica in March! :D

Edited by IainMorton

Missed all but the last minute of Children of Bodom last night, but Machine Head were absolutely immense and Slipknot were great too.

Machine Head near blew the fucking roof off the place with Robb Flynn's Dimebag speech then Aesthetics of Hate, and the pit for Davidian was incredible. Halo was their best song of the night though. That had to go down as the best live performance I've ever seen.

Slipknot's best song was Dead Memories, played it really well. I was surprised that they only played that and Psychosocial from the new album though, thought they would be trying a bit more of the new stuff. The older songs are good too of course, but it wasn't really what I was expecting. The crowd just didn't seem to get into it when they played Prosthetics. Spit It Out was fantastic though, and Surfacing was a good way to start their set. All in all a great night.

Next up, Lamb of God and Dimmu Borgir on the 15th of February.

Saw them last night at the Barrowlands and thought they were absolutely fantastic. Great venue as well. :D

The support band were pretty decent as well. The Virgins they were called - an American Indie/Rock band.

I went to the monday night gig, at about quarter to 9 they called the gig off because of a "chest infection", really the crowd was poor... not impressed :angry:

EDIT:

Next Up: Kaiser Chiefs in Aberdeen in February

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Ive had various text messages from mates Im going with informing me theres been a rift in KoL camp.

Calebs drinking has got out of hand and theres rumours of a split. Hopefully its just rumours though.

Im REALLY looking forward too seeing them, Id be gutted if it was cancelled :(

Well they were there :)

And were fucking awesome! B)

And we did make them the Kings :D

They were B)

One of my mates said people started leaving after "Sex On Fire"! :o:angry:

I'd be surprised if that was the case. They played an absolute blinder.

And despite the fact that it can be difficult to get a decent sound at the SECC they blew the place away :)

I am going to see Glasvegas a week today :D B)

I am most jealous... was looking for tickets but it appears to be sold out everywhere. Am seeing them on New Years Eve alongside Hot Chip so should be good.

The View have now sold out Edinburgh and Dundee in February- should be good gig. Cant wait.