Gigs

pilsner_ffc

You didn't go for a slash at the same time as me did you? Because I think I had this conversation last night.

No but my mate Davy said he when he went to the toilet he was talking to some guys about perving over her. This is all sounding a little bit sordid.

They're just scheduled to play Manchester and Brixton so far, but there's like 6 days in between those dates. I know they've got a lot of gear but I'm hoping there's a Glasgow show somewhere in between....

In any case we've booked Manchester tickets, it's a Saturday night so will be good craic anyway. And if they play Glasgow, I'll get to see them twice, which is a bonus as I thought I'd never see them live again :)

I've only seen them once before. It was at Glastonbury 2003 (I think, it was the same year that they played T in the Park) and was one of the best shows I've ever seen/heard.

Them playing Rockness has made my summer a lot better.

I'm going to The Enemy at the Barrowlands in Glasgow on the 16th of March. :D

Where'd you get tickets for that!?

Hopefully DanceNation at the SECC soonish, no idea when it is.

Also, tickets for Bloc Party's 'Bloctober' tour come out on Friday. They're playing in Dunfermline! :D

Where'd you get tickets for that!?

Hopefully DanceNation at the SECC soonish, no idea when it is.

Also, tickets for Bloc Party's 'Bloctober' tour come out on Friday. They're playing in Dunfermline! :D

I love the name of that tour :lol: Yeah its great that they are going to some smaller towns/venues. Hopefully going to catch them in Aberdeen.

I've only seen them once before. It was at Glastonbury 2003 (I think, it was the same year that they played T in the Park) and was one of the best shows I've ever seen/heard.

Them playing Rockness has made my summer a lot better.

First time I saw them was Barrowland in 96, just after In Sides came out. It was incredible. Saw them another 5 or 6 times in various places, for all their stuff went gradually downhill on record after that (although there were still always gems, they rarely hit the heights they had for the first 4 albums), they were always a treat live.

I saw Paul Hartnoll at Connect a couple of years ago and it was alright, but I was just thinking, I SO wish this was Orbital. I'm really stoked to be seeing them again :)

Kaiser Chiefs - AEC - 27th February

Oasis - Murrayfield - 17th June

Runrig - Scone Palace - 29th August

If someone was to ask me which gigs I would least like to attend this year all three of these puppies would pop up. Sorry mate but thats grim.

My next few gigs

Elbow - Blackpool Empress Ballroom

Doves - ABC

Brakes - King Tuts

Morrissey - Albert Halls and Barrowlands

AC/DC - Hampden

Feel free to wade in.

Doves - ABC

Brakes - King Tuts

AC/DC - Hampden

Feel free to wade in.

Sorry, but for you to slate his bands, then say you're going to see AC/DC is ridiculous.

Got tickets for Bloc Party in Dunfermline for their 'Bloctober' tour!

If someone was to ask me which gigs I would least like to attend this year all three of these puppies would pop up. Sorry mate but thats grim.

My next few gigs

Doves - ABC

Brakes - King Tuts

AC/DC - Hampden

Feel free to wade in.

Each to their own and all that.

The only one out of your lot i'd like to see would be AC/DC

My next few gigs

Doves - ABC

Brakes - King Tuts

AC/DC - Hampden

Feel free to wade in.

Going to these 2

also,

Howling Bells/Joy Formidable at Moshulu

Holy f**k at Oran Mor

and hopefully the Fence Homegame festival in Ainster if I have the funds

Two sleeps til The View in Edinburgh. I think it could be pretty mental, its a 1500 sell out at The Picture House on Lothian Road.

Wouldn't have minded that one myself, but unfortunately I only really started listening to The View about a month back... they played Kirkcaldy and everything, and I didn't go. <_<

Going to Murrayfield in June to see Oasis, with Reverend & The Makers (who?), The Enemy and Kasabian as support. Need at least one gig to break the long gap between now and then...

Edited by Paco

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Vampires Rock on Saturdaay night down near Euston station, it was the greatest show ever, and the worst musical ever at the same time.

There was no need for the show itself, but the music was fucking amazing!!!

Vampires Rock is a musical stage show which premiered in 2004.

It is performed by the group headed by Steve Steinman, who had appeared on Stars in Their Eyes as Meat Loaf. The group has toured for several years with The Meat Loaf Story.

Set in the year 2030 in New York populated by The Undead. Baron Von Rockula, owner of the Live and Let Die Club, is in search of a bride, and must eventually convince her to agree to eternal immortality.

The show features a number of notable rock anthems, including songs from Meat Loaf, Rainbow, Guns 'n' Roses, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Queen, Whitesnake, Bonnie Tyler and Cher.