Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to see Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine at the ABC last night. Fantastic gig, the band were tight, Jello was on top demented form and they played my favourite DK song Moon over Marin.

That was a brilliant gig and I was also well chuffed at Moon Over Marin! What did you make of Desalvo?

Went to see Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine at the ABC last night. Fantastic gig, the band were tight, Jello was on top demented form and they played my favourite DK song Moon over Marin.

The gig is on youtube now, quite good quality as well

I'm just back from Ibiza and I went to see Example headline Ibiza Rocks supported by Sub Focus. Example was just average, a poor head-liner. Sub Focus nailed it and on that performance would have been a worthy head-liner, DJ Doorly then filled the next 40 minutes before Example and picked up where Sub Focus had left off. Very impressed with both acts. Then it just fell flat when Example finally came on, a poor end to an overall decent gig.

I also managed to see 50 Cent playing at Amnesia for MTV. I'm not really into rap music but he was impressive and kept me entertained at least. It was a novelty act for me but one that I am glad I went to see.

I've only seen their Amy Winehouse song, is the rest of the stuff as daft and amusing as it?

Indeed it is. It's all delightfully crude and puerile stuff set to infectious pop hooks. He's playing in the Hive in Niddry Street (just a couple of doors down from Whistlebinkies) until the 28th. Free entry although you can give donations on the way out. He also has t-shirts for £10 and cds for a fiver. I urge you to get along and see him.

I was at New Found Glory last night. They were great, you forget how many good songs they've had over the years. The main support band, however, were one of the worst things I've ever heard. Absolutely horrendous.

I was there too. Do you mean the band with the female singer? I only caught the last couple of songs but I wasn't impressed. NFG were as good as ever. Good to see they're still belting out the classics and you can tell they love what they do.

Edited by Stuboy

I was there too. Do you mean the band with the female singer? I only caught the last couple of songs but I wasn't impressed. NFG were as good as ever. Good to see they're still belting out the classics and you can tell they love what they do.

Not one duff tune, absolutely tremendous :D. Loved the Rocky interlude as well, and their cover of 'Blitzkreig Bop' was brilliant.

Yeh, Fight Like Apes were a bit of an assault on the ears, but did have a good chuckle at their keyboard player who decided to leave his keyboard every now and again to stare out into the crowd, bizarrely :lol: .

Just remembered I have flogging molly tomorrow at the Garage. better give thir new album a listen

How good was that ?

Wasn't really up for the gig but was brilliant, think the size of the venue, the mad pit and the fact the band seemed to enjoy it, made it such a good night.

Anyway Street Dogs in Stoke on Tuesday, next up :D

Bismarck are playing Maggie Mays in Glasgow tonight. If you're a fan of rock/metal then have a wee listen to their stuff on Pusbook and fire along to the gig if you're about. Tix are a fiver and available from band members. If you want a ticket then leave a message on their FB page and one of them will get in touch.