Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to NIN tonight. I must have just missed the start.

The last 2 or 3 songs were what I wanted, but the majority of the gig was a pretty major disappointment. A lot of new album slow electronic stuff which just never got the crowd going at all.

I'd never seen NIN before and this was my big chance to see them. I feel cheated.

Got offered a free ticket to see Mac DeMarco tonight so naturally jumped at the chance. Was a really chilled gig. I've heard a lot about him being a shambles onstage and his chat certainly was, er, strange. As a performer though he was very good. The ten minute Enter Sandman encore was well worth the 2 quid I paid for the cloakroom as well. Would recommend.

The last 2 or 3 songs were what I wanted, but the majority of the gig was a pretty major disappointment. A lot of new album slow electronic stuff which just never got the crowd going at all.

I'd never seen NIN before and this was my big chance to see them. I feel cheated.

Aye, most of the new stuff didn't seem to go down very well. When they play the old stuff, particularly the heavier tunes, they are excellent. I'm lucky enough to have seen them a few times (being an old git) and some of their earlier gigs were brilliant.

I thought they were good but I agree with parts of this, the bit in between Closer and Wish was quite dull. The new songs don't really come across that well live. I thought the rest of the set was great though.

I thought they were good but I agree with parts of this, the bit in between Closer and Wish was quite dull. The new songs don't really come across that well live. I thought the rest of the set was great though.

I thought they were pretty good. I was relatively near the front and it was quiet in terms of the crowd at times. Other stuff like Only and The Hand That Feeds were pretty epic. In terms of the sound, it was the first time at the Hydro and it was really impressive. Also, visually, the effects behind them were absolutely amazing, especially on the likes of Closer and during some of the Year Zero stuff.

The effects were stunning, probably the best I've seen and Eraser was the tune of the night for me.

Agree with other posters though, the new stuff just didn't translate well live and was only saved by the light show behind it.

Would probably only catch NIN at a festival in future.

That Kasabian gig was superb. It was basically all their heavier stuff and like a indie dance gig. Eez-eh sounded superb.

The guy jumping off the balcony was mental.

Gutted i couldn't get tickets, was on at 9am on the dot when sales opened but nae luck. Ended up i was working anyway so would've missed it.

Used to play football with that guy..he is indeed mental. Didnt realise that mental though ha

Personally, I thought NIN were outstanding. Not sure what you expect of bands when they play live if you feel cheated. They're never going to play only the songs you want, or regard as a greatest hits type selection. It would get very boring for them, very quickly. There's a lot of stuff on YouTube from the Tension tour in the US which would have given you an idea of the set list they were going with as well.

Personally, I thought NIN were outstanding. Not sure what you expect of bands when they play live if you feel cheated. They're never going to play only the songs you want, or regard as a greatest hits type selection. It would get very boring for them, very quickly. There's a lot of stuff on YouTube from the Tension tour in the US which would have given you an idea of the set list they were going with as well.

I enjoyed it a lot but I was also disappointed at the same time because I wanted more! NIN have such a great back catalogue of songs that there was always going to be a long list of songs I wanted to hear but didn't and I think I could come up with a set list of similar length containing songs that weren't played last night that I would have still enjoyed.

The Wretched, Head Like A Hole, Wish and Closer were the highlights for me.

It was my first visit to The Hydro and I liked it. It is a big step up from The SECC halls in terms of layout and size. I walked into the standing area and I was like "f**k" looking around at the scale of the place, It took me a moment or two to get my barrings and locate the stage!

Edited by NorthernLights

It was my first visit to The Hydro and I liked it. It is a big step up from The SECC halls in terms of layout and size. I walked into the standing area and I was like "f**k" looking around at the scale of the place, It took me a moment or two to get my barrings and locate the stage!

Was impressed with the Hydro. Wouldn't have minded one of the private boxes to watch from. :)

Went to Mac Demarco As well. Started slow and ended up brilliant. The guy is a great character and i found his completely endearing. The 15 minute enter Sandman was hilarious, massive hipster moshpit and sumcunt tried to scale the metal girders in the arches during it. Loved it.

Real Estate on Monday

Edited by SteelJag

Went to Mac Demarco As well. Started slow and ended up brilliant. The guy is a great character and i found his completely endearing. The 15 minute enter Sandman was hilarious, massive hipster moshpit and sumcunt tried to scale the metal girders in the arches during it. Loved it.

Real Estate on Sunday

Where are Real Estate playing? Only got in to them with release of Atlas.

Real Estate on Monday

I enjoyed it. Someone I follow on Twitter broke in backstage and yelled 'ENTER SHITE' at the bassist so I guess you can't please everyone.