Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Best in the country for me is the ABC. Carling is pretty decent, the barn in Finnieston is hell on Earth, I'll see what the Armadillo is like in June (for a gig, as only been there for "The League of Gentleman" about 7 years ago)

Presonally I think the Carling is pretty shite but anyhoo...

Does going to see the Go! Team make anybody else go home and put on Stereolab? I just hope the neighbours enjoyed it because the big round knob on the amp doesn't often make it that far round.

It's really fucking disappinting to see what a shite crown turned out for it tonight! I'll climb on to my high horse now with that. FFS! We've cried and cried for a venue and we've ened up with what I believe is easily one of the best in the country... but we get great beands up and still can't anything like fill the place. You'de be lucky if you could call it anywhere half full tonight. :angry:

Weve seen it before a few times with the Irownworks Filthy, tis a shame but not overly surprising. Wasnt at the gig myself.

Got my Fall tickets today and im hoping for a bigger attendance.

Just back from The Go! Team gig at Fatties.

A decent gig and I don't mean any disrespect to The Go! Team themsleves coz they gie'd it laldy but I wiz a wee bitty disappointed wi' the sound quality in Fatties. I wiz hovering about at the back wi' a pint in my hand and all I could hear wiz bass and drums. I steamed through all the tight jeaned trilby kunts to the front and the sound was a bit better. I could hear the guitars and vocals but all in all it was a bit disappointing that such a potentialy good gig was ruined by pish asoustics.

I was there too mate, they were indeed immense! Did you see the riot that nearly started where that 6ft 6 psyco had to be restrained by 5 grown men and was hellbent on laying into this guy? :unsure: It was a shame cos it was during Munich so I couldn't enjoy the song cos I was focusing on trying not to get knocked unconcious.

And were Make Model the 2nd band that were on? The ones from Brooklyn? They were stoned out their faces so funny! :lol:

Make Model were the first band on - cant remember the name of the Brooklyn Band.......but they were pish

re 6 ft psycho - that was a fight :o ...thought the guy was just having a good time :lol:

I'm not envious at all. No.

Well, other than having to duck out before the encore to catch the last train back, it was as good as I could ever have hoped :D

He played 2 sets, one solo acoustic with various guitars and piano, playing great renditions of From Hank To Hendrix, Harvest, After The Goldrush, Don't Let It Bring You Down, A Man Needs a Maid, Heart of Gold, Mellow My Mind, Ambulance Blues (which was stunning), Old Man, and some more that I can't think of right now. Simply superb.

Second set was electric and amongst other things had a good Down By The River and a phenomenal My My, Hey Hey, and a cracking Oh Lonesome Me.

I was 5 rows from the stage, the sound was fantastic, especially for the solo stuff, and it was incredible to see the guy so close :)

Nope, waiting to see whether my mum and her boyfriend are going, as it makes sense to book tickets together if they are, however having seen them 2 years running with a holiday to pay for, they might give it a miss.

If they aren't going, I'll probably nip into Glasgow and buy a ticket in person so I can ask for the best seat availiable.

Tickets no longer on sale on Ticketmaster.

• 2 weeks later...
Tickets no longer on sale on Ticketmaster.

Finally my mum and her boyfriend made a decision and aren't going so I got my ticket yesterday from TicketScotland on Argyle Street.

Basically exactly where I was for the gig last year in Row W of the stalls, SECC site now only selling tickets for the Rear Circle and Gallery so it must be edging towards being a sell-out.

Anyone any idea who supporting the Enemy on Tuesday? :D

Going aswell to this gig, should be gid, my last memory of seeing The Enemy at least years T ended horrifically, just ask Neilly lol

Not got a clue mate but goin to see them in store in Dundee this weekend maybe so will let yi know what im told

Going to see the Cuban Brothers on Saturday night although i've no idea what they're like. I'm mainly going for the support band - Bombskare - who are always enjoyable whenever they're in town.

Going to see the Cuban Brothers on Saturday night although i've no idea what they're like. I'm mainly going for the support band - Bombskare - who are always enjoyable whenever they're in town.

I saw Bombskare a few years back at gig organised by the Section B. :ph34r:

They were indeed rather good.

Twilight Sad at Tuts tomorrow night.

Sould be brilliant.

Going to see them at the Ironworks a week Saturday (if I'm not down at Airdrie or make it back from there in plenty time). Might go to The Fall next Thursday but I dunno if I can be arsed and I don't like Mark E Smith as he's a dick. Christ, if people think the Enemy are bad for going on about being 'working class lads' they should take a look at him.

Going to see them at the Ironworks a week Saturday (if I'm not down at Airdrie or make it back from there in plenty time). Might go to The Fall next Thursday but I dunno if I can be arsed and I don't like Mark E Smith as he's a dick. Christ, if people think the Enemy are bad for going on about being 'working class lads' they should take a look at him.

Just shut yer trap Filthy and get a ticket! Mark E Smith hates your guts too.

I'm also planning Twilight Sad, I've heard they're good.

Just shut yer trap Filthy and get a ticket! Mark E Smith hates your guts too.

I'm also planning Twilight Sad, I've heard they're good.

Hating a band has never stopped me before! I've got the day after off now anyway so I'll have to go. :(:lol: