Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Earl Sweatshirt tonight at the Garage. Expecting the crowd to be 90% absolute hipster c***s so feeling a tad sceptical

Was there, the exact opposite i thought, full of semi-spice boy neddy types who were needlesly aggressive and just being general wanks.

Was funny gig tho and Earl was good.

Was surprised by the crowd. As you said was spice boy central.

Gig was much better than I expected. You can't deny the guys talent. I found his dj's warmup set really cringe, plus watching 600 white people shout "nigga" is hilariously tragic.

Got tickets for Manchester Orchestra at SWG3 next month which I can't wait for. Seen them three times already and they get better every time. Going to look into getting Jamie Lenman tickets too. Think I read somewhere it's going to be more an acousticy/jazzy set which suits me as I'm not a massive fan of his new heavier stuff. Think I might just be getting old!

Gutted I was too late getting Manchester Orchestra tickets this time. They were excellent at the ABC last year (or year before was it). SWG3 is a much smaller venue.

I was massively into Reuben, quite disappointed with Lenmans solo stuff.

Presale standing ticket for Black Stone Cherry @ The Hydro in October bought :D

Supports acts are Airbourne + Theory of a Deadman

Just got my ticket as well, heard chevelle are planning a euro tour in November so hopefully a Scottish date is in there too

Ive got my ticket for Vladimir's single launch at the Beat Generator in Dundee plus I have my ticket for Cockney Rejects in Dundee in November. That's about it for me on the gigging front so far this year

Vlad are good lads, I'm hoping they get a bit of success. An incredible wall of noise, especially as their so young!

Can't wait!

Can I recommend a wee band called Blue Pills who are playing Glasgow Audio on 24th this month. Bluesy with a stunning vocalist and a guitarist who channels Hendrix in parts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKukX8kdI2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7csyzIAIQ

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Therapy? at the Garage last night were pretty good. Next up for me is Nine Inch Nails at the Hydro then at the O2 in London.

Would have gone to the Therapy? show if I didn't have The Wildhearts this coming Monday.

Assuming they did Troublegum in full then a few other standards?

Method Man and Redman are playing in Glasgow on the 12th July. Busy that day but would have loved to go to that. Never been to a hip-hop gig before.

I miss going go gigs all the time. It's weird. When I was younger, I would spend £35 on a ticket no bother, but now it doesn't seem worth it. The last 'big' gig I went to was Frightened Rabbit at the Academy, and before that The Who in June, and I have no idea what before that. There's a lot I'd like to go to right now but I don't feel as if I can justify the price, despite being wealthier now than I was three/four years ago.

Would have gone to the Therapy? show if I didn't have The Wildhearts this coming Monday.

Assuming they did Troublegum in full then a few other standards?

Yes, they played Troublegum in full - the rest of the set was made up of songs from around the same time. Finished with Breaking The Law and Potato Junkie.

Method Man and Redman are playing in Glasgow on the 12th July. Busy that day but would have loved to go to that. Never been to a hip-hop gig before.

I miss going go gigs all the time. It's weird. When I was younger, I would spend £35 on a ticket no bother, but now it doesn't seem worth it. The last 'big' gig I went to was Frightened Rabbit at the Academy, and before that The Who in June, and I have no idea what before that. There's a lot I'd like to go to right now but I don't feel as if I can justify the price, despite being wealthier now than I was three/four years ago.

I went to the Method Man / Redman gig the last time they were here and it was excellent, one of the best hip hop gigs I have been to. Only downside was the number of neds in the crowd. One highlight was two guys in the queue discussing a mate who was in jail - they were arguing about whether he was sent down for 'chibbing' the guy or 'slashing' him. :unsure2: