Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got my first proper gig at the end of March - The View at the Barras. Anyone seen them live before?

In to double figures seeing them. They usually put on a really good show. Looking forward to hearing some new songs too. Glad it's at Barras as its still my favourite venue for a gig. Got The Charlatans there next month too.

Got my first proper gig at the end of March - The View at the Barras. Anyone seen them live before?

Aww bless. I just wish I'd kept every single ticket since The Stranglers at Glasgow Apollo 1978. I've forgotten half the bands I've seen over the years.

Aye, sounds like a plan. Think I'm meeting my mate for a scran and a jar beforehand anyway, so I'll give you a shout closer to the time and we can sort something!

Magic! Myself and one of the guys from uni are going to the Laurieston for a couple beforehand, we can sort something out nearer the time.

Got a ticket for Kate Tempest on Monday (23rd) in Glasgow at Stereo,

I've never heard of the venue can anyone who has been let me know what like it is?

Good venue, incredibly close to the front entrance of Glasgow Central. I've played it a couple of times with various bands I've been in and the sound in there's very good. My initial impression of it was that some of the furniture looked like it was out of a 1960's IKEA sale but you get over that soon. You'll have a good night, I can say that much!

Seen them about 6 or 7 times before and I've yet to see them play a bad gig. The Barras will be absolutely bouncing with them in there!

Got a ticket for Kate Tempest on Monday (23rd) in Glasgow at Stereo,

I've never heard of the venue can anyone who has been let me know what like it is?

Best venue of its size in Glasgow imho. Only issue is when it's rammed it's mad sweaty. Good high stage and great sound. Like Andy_K have also played there and it's great for playing and viewing.

Going to see The Jesus and Mary Chain in Birmingham in just over a weeks time, first time I've seen them in about 20 odd years - well excited by this

Take earplugs.

Was even louder than MBV when I saw them at the Barras recently.

They were very very good.

Edited by G-MAN

Waited a long time to see The Mary Chain and they were well worth the wait.

Superb gig from first to last. Psychocandy is a class album & they did it full justice.

The shorter first set was also top drawer, especially Reverence & Upside Down

A good whack of my friends are going so I'm quite gutted I'm missing it, though I've seen them three times before, but every time they were dynamite. So much energy. Might go to the afterparty at Catty since it's Shikari Sound System but depends when I finish.

Shikari Sound System at the Cathouse?! f**k! Might need to make a rare Cathouse visit for that.

This is my first time seeing Enter Shikari on their own show. Seen them at Leeds in 2007 and T in the Park in 2012. The Leeds performance was extraordinary stuff. T... shit crowd on a dready day. They were good, but were up against it.

Waited a long time to see The Mary Chain and they were well worth the wait.

Superb gig from first to last. Psychocandy is a class album & they did it full justice.

The shorter first set was also top drawer, especially Reverence & Upside Down

Aye, couldn't pick a favourite from last night cos it was all so good, but reverence was astounding.