Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Now in my mid twenties I don't tend to get super hyped as I did as a teen going to gigs. However tonight I will finally fucking see Slipknot and I cannot fucking wait.

Edited by mrcat1990

Justin Townes Earle on Saturday which should be amazing, then being dragged by my girlfriend to Slipknot on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by the latter, but not expecting much.

Was at JTE as well. Was quite disappointed with his voice which at times was terrible. Everything else was brilliant though, Paul Niehaus' slide in particular was something to behold. What did you think?

J Mascis tonight which should be quality.

Justin Townes Earle on Saturday which should be amazing, then being dragged by my girlfriend to Slipknot on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by the latter, but not expecting much.

How'd you find last night? I'm not big into them but I've heard numerous gid hings from pals who went.

Anyway, Maximo Park have announced a show on Friday 20th February at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh and I cannot wait to get my mitts on a ticket. If I don't get to see this I'll be the saddest man in the whole of the shire.

Was at JTE as well. Was quite disappointed with his voice which at times was terrible. Everything else was brilliant though, Paul Niehaus' slide in particular was something to behold. What did you think?

J Mascis tonight which should be quality.

Yeah, I loved it! I don't think JTE has a great voice really anyway but at times it was really poor although I think he noticed the times where he was going off-key and managed to save it most of the time. Don't think his guitar constantly going out of tune helped though. Thought Can't Hardly Wait was phenomenal though. Niehaus' slide was excellent, his backing vocals on whatever tune it was were dreadful though I thought!

How was J Mascis? I was thinking of going but had Slipknot last night!

How'd you find last night? I'm not big into them but I've heard numerous gid hings from pals who went.

Anyway, Maximo Park have announced a show on Friday 20th February at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh and I cannot wait to get my mitts on a ticket. If I don't get to see this I'll be the saddest man in the whole of the shire.

Last night was amazing I thought! I really am not into Slipknot at all, but their live show is great. Musically not my cup of tea but they sounded really good. Duality is an absolute tune live.

Yeah, I loved it! I don't think JTE has a great voice really anyway but at times it was really poor although I think he noticed the times where he was going off-key and managed to save it most of the time. Don't think his guitar constantly going out of tune helped though. Thought Can't Hardly Wait was phenomenal though. Niehaus' slide was excellent, his backing vocals on whatever tune it was were dreadful though I thought!

How was J Mascis? I was thinking of going but had Slipknot last night!

J Mascis was sensational. Hardly said a word all gig and just went from tune to tune.

Nathaniel Rateliff at the Tron tomorrow, then AMWF at Broadcast on Monday. Both phenomenal live, so very much looking forward to these.

Never been to the Tron, anyone been for a gig, if so, is it any good?

How were The Barr Brothers?

I only heard them for the first time on Roddy Hart's radio show on thursday night. Spent the next hour watching them on YouTube to then find out they had a gig in glasgow... But it was sold out.

I was at the Barr Brothers last night as well and it's hard to explain just how good they were.

Just unbelievable.

Gutted I couldn't get a ticket, only heard of them on Thursday. They've got a similar feel to The War On Drugs, but to me they are miles ahead of them.

How were The Barr Brothers?

I only heard them for the first time on Roddy Hart's radio show on thursday night. Spent the next hour watching them on YouTube to then find out they had a gig in glasgow... But it was sold out.

Wasn't at the Barr Brothers, but checked them out on the basis of that, and they're brilliant!