Gigs

pilsner_ffc

11 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Also available on TicketWeb if you want to avoid the Evil Empire.

"TicketWeb, a division of Ticketmaster, delivers the most powerful engine for connecting fans with live events." source
Looked into it before, I think the only ones not connected are See Tickets (based in Nottingham and now owned by a French company) and Tickets Scotland. Nearly every other ticketbuying website, of which I am signed up to at least 4 or 5, are part of the LiveNation/TM conglomerate. An almost complete monopoly they have at present.

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

"TicketWeb, a division of Ticketmaster, delivers the most powerful engine for connecting fans with live events." source
Looked into it before, I think the only ones not connected are See Tickets (based in Nottingham and now owned by a French company) and Tickets Scotland. Nearly every other ticketbuying website, of which I am signed up to at least 4 or 5, are part of the LiveNation/TM conglomerate. An almost complete monopoly they have at present.

Haha you couldn't make it up. I knew they had a huge market share but didn't realise it went that deep. I don't like to use them, but its genuinely becoming almost impossible to go to shows without them.

Bruce Dickinson tonight at the Barrowlands. Outstanding show. One of the most legendary voices in metal still sounding brilliant aged 65. His solo material may be less well known than his work with Iron Maiden, but it's no less fantastic. Great performance from him.and his very talented band.

Support came from Kiwi hard rockers Black Smoke Trigger who were a great way to start the night.

20240518_210539.jpg

Along the road Arron west and the roaring twenties put on a fantastic show at St Luke's. They seemed pretty buzzed to be there having named a song after the venue on their new album.

Excellent support from future teens.

Opener dryjacket was ok, not much more and probably was only given the slot as he was playing in the headliner band, not that's there's much issue with that.

Only downside was needing to be in that part of town tonight with Celtic fans being completely unable to behave themselves at their 'title party'

8 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Bruce Dickinson tonight at the Barrowlands. Outstanding show. One of the most legendary voices in metal still sounding brilliant aged 65. His solo material may be less well known than his work with Iron Maiden, but it's no less fantastic. Great performance from him.and his very talented band.

Support came from Kiwi hard rockers Black Smoke Trigger who were a great way to start the night.

20240518_210539.jpg

Class show.

Accident into Abduction then Laughing is some way to start a set. 

Had only gotten round to getting the Mandrake Project yesterday morning  (having only previously heard the singles from it) but the tunes worked well live.

The comment at the end about seeing us later in the year with the "day job" is an interesting one.

Would've thought that if there was Maiden activity that it'd have been announced by now. Unless they've already got a new record in the can and are just holding off the announcement...

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Along the road Arron west and the roaring twenties put on a fantastic show at St Luke's. They seemed pretty buzzed to be there having named a song after the venue on their new album.

Excellent support from future teens.

Opener dryjacket was ok, not much more and probably was only given the slot as he was playing in the headliner band, not that's there's much issue with that.

Only downside was needing to be in that part of town tonight with Celtic fans being completely unable to behave themselves at their 'title party'

I'd have been at this one if I didn't have Bruce. 

The Celtic fans were plentiful and noisy, but I didn't personally have any issues with them, even when standing in a queue that actually ended up past Saint Luke's. Never seen a queue like it at the Barras.

25 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'd have been at this one if I didn't have Bruce. 

The Celtic fans were plentiful and noisy, but I didn't personally have any issues with them, even when standing in a queue that actually ended up past Saint Luke's. Never seen a queue like it at the Barras.

Yeah, I could of easily found myself in that queue instead had I heard about that gig first.  I've been to sell outs at the barras and just about walked straight in not long after doors.

The Celtic fans weren't giving any hassle to gig goers, but they were fighting each other, stubbling into traffic, spewing/pissing in the street and there was a fair bit of litter when I got out the gig before seeing more of them getting lifted.

I went to buy tickets on viagogo and they wanted £117 in booking and handling fees per ticket.

I've never used them before and obviously I've not continued but is that normal?

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

I went to buy tickets on viagogo and they wanted £117 in booking and handling fees per ticket.

I've never used them before and obviously I've not continued but is that normal?

Never used them before but that is utterly horrendous. Resale sites are a shambles.

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Yeah, I could of easily found myself in that queue instead had I heard about that gig first.  I've been to sell outs at the barras and just about walked straight in not long after doors.

The Celtic fans weren't giving any hassle to gig goers, but they were fighting each other, stubbling into traffic, spewing/pissing in the street and there was a fair bit of litter when I got out the gig before seeing more of them getting lifted.

The police had closed a road I was planning on driving up, and I did see one guy staggering around with blood coming down his head, so I see what you mean.

The litter after the show was horrendous as well. Messy b*****ds. 

36 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Never used them before but that is utterly horrendous. Resale sites are a shambles.

I was looking for Taylor Swift tickets, not by choice, youngest desperate to go and another was taking £150 per ticket booking and handling.

I'd rather take chances with touts as that's just legalised extortion.

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Sadly normal,  the small bonus if you pick the right re-sale(which as much as that they try to pretend viagogo mostly are) is that it will be a legitimate ticket.  Occasionally a fan to fan exchange will occur at near face value but basically these are rip offs and should be ignored, rather not see a gig than support this.

Edited by parsforlife

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Sadly normal,  the small bonus if you pick the right re-sale(which as much as that they try to pretend viagogo mostly are) is that it will be a legitimate ticket.  Occasionally a fan to fan exchange will occur at near face value but basically these are rip offs and should be ignored, rather not see a gig than support this.

Yup, I had no idea she was coming to Scotland until well after tickets were released. Not someone I'd chose to see and certainly not someone I'm paying over odds for.

I expected like £20 a tickets handling fee on viagogo type thing.

12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Yup, I had no idea she was coming to Scotland until well after tickets were released. Not someone I'd chose to see and certainly not someone I'm paying over odds for.

I expected like £20 a tickets handling fee on viagogo type thing.

My brief research had someone quoted £33 handling AFTER inflated fees, they only deserve bankruptcy.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I was looking for Taylor Swift tickets, not by choice, youngest desperate to go and another was taking £150 per ticket booking and handling.

I'd rather take chances with touts as that's just legalised extortion.

That is truly horrendous. So many fans get priced out because of things like this. If you buy a ticket for something and decide for whatever reason to sell it on, you should only be able to do so to recoup what you paid. (I'm aware that doesn't help the "handling fees" but it would be a start)

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

That is truly horrendous. So many fans get priced out because of things like this. If you buy a ticket for something and decide for whatever reason to sell it on, you should only be able to do so to recoup what you paid. (I'm aware that doesn't help the "handling fees" but it would be a start)

I ended up with three extra tickets to pink. Someone I knew if looking, she was astonished that I only wanted ticket price, not even booking fee.