Gigs

pilsner_ffc

23 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just in from the Bunnymen at the Barras, not the best I’ve seen them, too many pished folk and the 20 mins break mid set was a load of bollocks, maybe I’m just getting old.

My friend is their sound engineer. He got us VIP tickets when they played Detroit last year. According to him, the 20 minute break was an impromptu thing from the first gig of the tour and apparently it was received well by men of a certain age who appreciated the chance to nip off for a pish so now it’s a thing.

Lacuna Coil playing SWG3 on the 21st of October. Tickets on sale 10am on Friday (got mine on presale).

Nothing against SWG3 as a venue itself, but I've been there about 8 times now and it has rained every time without fail. As one of the eedjits that turns up 3-4hrs before doors that's not ideal. Possibly the reason security get you to start queing at the box office now instead of beside that pink lamppost.

21 hours ago, MSU said:

My friend is their sound engineer. He got us VIP tickets when they played Detroit last year. According to him, the 20 minute break was an impromptu thing from the first gig of the tour and apparently it was received well by men of a certain age who appreciated the chance to nip off for a pish so now it’s a thing.

I love them to bits, first seen them in 1982 and wouldn’t like to even try and guess how many times I’ve seen them since. Fair doos I suppose, I was sober on Wednesday night and might have appreciated the break if I’d been on the drink. I just didn’t think they were at their best on Wed but it doesn’t stop me looking forward to the Bandstand gig in August.

Very jealous, you are lucky getting VIP tickets.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Going to stop going to gigs sold by Ticketmaster, this dynamic pricing charging bumping the price by 4x for standard tickets the day after release, absolute scum, not sure how they're getting away with it.

Saw Emperor at the Barrowlands on Friday. They were a band I never thought I would get a chance to see live as their live dates are pretty sparse and usually at festivals down in England if they come to the UK. This was also their first time playing Scotland since 1993.

432769471_25508727988710989_876308076690

40 year tour, The Jesus & Mary Chain at the Usher Hall. Have seen them numerous times, but 1st in Scotland in about 30 years!

Ticket was "restricted view", was late in buying, but only a handrail so nothing of Parkhead dimensions.

Really good gig with a good spread of songs from Psychocandy through to the latest Glasgow Eyes.

Encore was Darklands, Taste of Cindy, Never Understand & Reverance. So this old git went home happy.

IMG_7076.jpg

On 25/03/2024 at 11:37, NorthernLights said:

Saw Emperor at the Barrowlands on Friday. They were a band I never thought I would get a chance to see live as their live dates are pretty sparse and usually at festivals down in England if they come to the UK. This was also their first time playing Scotland since 1993.

432769471_25508727988710989_876308076690

But were they any good?

April Gigs:
2nd: Glen Hansard (Pavilion Theatre)
3rd: Slash (OVO Hydro)
4th: Hell is for Heroes (The Garage)
7th: Sprints (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut)
17th: Microwave + The Dirty Nil (Oran Mor)
26th: Soapbox (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut) (work permitting)

A bit full on this week (celebrating my birthday with different people), but a much more sensible month after that.

23 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

April Gigs:
2nd: Glen Hansard (Pavilion Theatre)
3rd: Slash (OVO Hydro)
4th: Hell is for Heroes (The Garage)
7th: Sprints (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut)
17th: Microwave + The Dirty Nil (Oran Mor)
26th: Soapbox (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut) (work permitting)

A bit full on this week (celebrating my birthday with different people), but a much more sensible month after that.

There are a couple of concerts I'm keen on attending but unfortunately can't make it. I enjoyed Glen Hansard's performance in the film "Once" and appreciated his musical talent. His tribute to Shane MacGowan at the funeral with "Fairytale of New York" was particularly impressive. It's just unfortunate that the concert falls on a weekday, as I've already used up my holidays. Additionally, I was eager to see The Sprints perform live, but tickets sold out quickly.

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

There are a couple of concerts I'm keen on attending but unfortunately can't make it. I enjoyed Glen Hansard's performance in the film "Once" and appreciated his musical talent. His tribute to Shane MacGowan at the funeral with "Fairytale of New York" was particularly impressive. It's just unfortunate that the concert falls on a weekday, as I've already used up my holidays. Additionally, I was eager to see The Sprints perform live, but tickets sold out quickly.

I am surprised Sprints never got moved up given how quickly it sold out.

I just saw The Lottery Winners at Beat Generator in Dundee.

The were very good. They don't take themselves seriously and spent as much time larking around as they did playing tunes.

A good, fun, entertaining gig.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Glen Hansard at the Pavilion tonight. Absolutely fantastic. A 2 hour plus set covering his solo material and work with The Frames. Just Glen and his guitar (and occasionally piano) for most of the set and really funny and engaging between songs. Superb show.

Support was very unconventional as self proclaimed "mythteller" Martin Shaw spun a fairytale of his own creation. Unusual and quite entertaining.

20240402_210001.jpg