Gigs

pilsner_ffc

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

X Ambassadors at St Luke’s last night. Absolutely brilliant as always.

9BA92646-4A2B-4B15-BFF2-4BA59228A7D2.jpeg

I was thrown out the posh seats....well politely asked to leave......last time I was at Tangerine Dream there.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I was thrown out the posh seats....well politely asked to leave......last time I was at Tangerine Dream there.

Troublemaker. 😎

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Buddying my sister to the Donny Benet gig at Room 2 on Saturday night. Know very little of his music, but I'm sure I'll have a good time. 

Anyone been to the venue that can tell me what it's like?

Small, wide. Don't know what it holds but around half of the crowd are guaranteed a restricted view one way or another... Gender neutral toilets in theory but they're still in two locations set out like trad male and female - I saw a lot of folk look confused and embarrassed feeling they'd gone in the wrong one. Good in principle but needs better signs. The one on the right hand side has urinals!

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

OMD at the Usher Hall was a rather outstanding gig last night.

20240306_222939.thumb.jpg.f08e492f122de5de0db5edaa90df68b8.jpg

They were absolutely fantastic and put on a great gig. Have to also give a mention to the support band Walt Disco who I had never heard of, thought they were really good and reminded me a bit of Sparks with a hint of Placebo thrown in there, glad I got in early to see them.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They were absolutely fantastic and put on a great gig. Have to also give a mention to the support band Walt Disco who I had never heard of, thought they were really good and reminded me a bit of Sparks with a hint of Placebo thrown in there, glad I got in early to see them.

My description was Associates with a hint of Sparks, so similar view. Saw most of their set, really enjoyed the last song they did, in particular. 

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

My description was Associates with a hint of Sparks, so similar view. Saw most of their set, really enjoyed the last song they did, in particular. 

I’m just listening to their album and it’s really good.

On 29/02/2024 at 14:22, betting competition said:

Gigs for March and April (not that much for me!)

Wednesday 6th March: bdrmm (Tunnels)
Friday 15th March: Yard Act (02 Academy Glasgow)
Saturday 16th March: Folly Group (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut)
Friday 26th April: King Creosote (Tivoli Theatre)
Sunday 28th April: Nadine Shah (SWG3)
Monday 29th April: A Certain Ratio (Tunnels) 

bdrmm delivered an outstanding performance in Aberdeen, proving to be one of the most dynamically loud bands I've experienced live! Those attending their shows in Dundee, Glasgow, and Edinburgh are in for a genuine treat.

Couple of more shows added

Thursday 4th April:  Kathryn Joseph (the barn - Banchory)
Saturday 20th April: The Leisure Society (Voodoo Rooms)

Off to London tomorrow for the annual Hold Steady weekender. You'd think id get bored of going to see the same band three times on the same weekend in the same place every single year but I never do.

Machine Head announced more Evening With tour dates, a Scottish one on 17th of June while they're in the UK for Download anyway.
I already have the Foo Fighters that day. No gigs I want to go to so far in July or September but that's 6 in the last two weeks of June ffs!

10 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Machine Head announced more Evening With tour dates, a Scottish one on 17th of June while they're in the UK for Download anyway.
I already have the Foo Fighters that day. No gigs I want to go to so far in July or September but that's 6 in the last two weeks of June ffs!

Just don't have the funds to book Machine Head right now, which is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully some tickets left when I can afford it.

9 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Just don't have the funds to book Machine Head right now, which is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully some tickets left when I can afford it.

They're playing SWG3, so maybe won't sell out too quickly. Plus with all the plethora of other gigs already announced for June, a few that would normally go could have other ones booked or awaiting funds like yourself.

On 07/03/2024 at 06:57, Boghead ranter said:

Outstanding exactly right, you must have been a few feet in front of me by that photo 

On 07/03/2024 at 06:57, Boghead ranter said:

Was at The Stranglers at the Armadillo tonight, and as a veteran of 60+ Stranglers gig, sad to say it was distinctly average. OMD was by far the better gig this week.

Think the venue was the biggest issue, Stranglers gigs aren't seated affairs.

Donny Benét at Room 2 tonight. Not my usual type of music, but a really talented band and great songs. Had a really good night.

Support from Getdown Services who were the most bizarre act I've ever seen. 3 hours later I'm not sure if they were amazing or terrible, but I certainly enjoyed their weirdness.

20240309_205929.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale