Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Judas Priest at the Hydro tonight. Absolutely brilliant. The new songs already sound like classics and the classics are classics for a reason. Great show.

Support from Saxon, who were absolutely superb and Uriah Heep who were really good despite only getting 20 minutes.

20240311_212341.jpg

Wallet's taken a hit but I now have tickets for Teenage Fanclub, Swans, Old 97s, Stiff Little Fingers, Mountain Goats, Belle and Sebastian, Weakened Friends and Small Crush. And the missus wants us to go see Mama Mia (again, Jesus). Oh and a huge road trip in September where we have tickets for Jason Isbell with Alejandro Escovedo supporting. 

48 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

I did - best of the three brilliant shows. Did you go too?

Only Friday and Saturday, couldn't get Monday off work so Sunday was off the cards. I will get to that pub quiz one of these years though.

On 22/02/2024 at 23:49, Craig fae the Vale said:

Bowling For Soup and Less Than Jake co headliner tonight. Both bands put on fantastic, singalong shows. All the hits, loads of banter. A really good show all round. Opened by Vandoliers who made a great impression too.

20240222_220724.jpg

Did the VIP experience that night and it was brilliant.

Big country at the boiler shop in newcastle tonight. The singer Simon hough is excellent. Only 2 original members remain, but they put on a very good show. Cost me absolutely nowt as well, as i know bruce Watson's son, so he got us on the Guestlist.  The venue is pretty good as well, first time there.

20240314_212129.jpg

20240314_212042.jpg

20240314_211337.jpg

Retro night at the Barrowlands last night, with the Stereo MC‘s, Inspiral Carpets and the Happy Mondays. Great night. Anyone who has tickets for the remaining 2 nights in Glasgow, enjoy!

IMG_3005.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpeg

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Saw The Musical Box (a Peter Gabriel era Genesis tribute band) last night. They were very good.

Was also at this, admittedly dragged along as I'm not a genesis fan but was a decent show, the lead singer is mental

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Was also at this, admittedly dragged along as I'm not a genesis fan but was a decent show, the lead singer is mental

I have seen them more times than I can remember now. I am too young to have seen the real Genesis (and the night I was meant to see the real Genesis on their farewell tour was cancelled and never rescheduled) but TMB always put on a good show.

Just about to head to Leeds to see The Movielife do Forty Hour Train Back to Penn in full for it's 21st Anniversary. Cannot wait, not seen them live since 2003.

Then got The Gaslight Anthem in Glasgow on Monday. Great looking few days 

An absolute all timer. The Movielife doing Forty Hour Train Back to Penn in full followed by a bunch of older classics. I had that album on repeat for most of 2003 and it holds up as one of my all time favourites. An absolute treat to see it played live in its entirety. Vinnie is one of punk's greatest frontmen. 

Crime in Stereo in support who were absolutely brilliant. They promised to come to Glasgow next time, and I hope they come good on that.

Opened by Family Dinner who were very good, but unfortunately the vocals were far too low in the mix.

Fantastic night. Well worth the four hour drive.

20240316_213701.jpg

Enroute to Glasgow for Stiff Little Fingers at Barrowlands tonight. My first time at the venue but certainly not my first Fingers gig! 

Can't wait. Methinks a little bit of a Subcrawl may be due beforehand too 😄

Edited by southernrover