Gigs

pilsner_ffc

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I said absolutely f**k that to a slipknot hydro gig about a decade ago at something like £50 standing,  there latest tour is well over double that, too many people still giving these robbing b*****ds their cash all while club level bands can barely make ends meet.

On club level bands, trophy eyes are playing cathouse in April which I'm desperately looking forward too, never been there but being a club night am I right to assume it will be a 10PM curfew? if so I may take the very rarely provided option to attend a gig via public transport.

I'm absolutely gutted Trophy Eyes is clashing with Sprints. Already got my tickets for Sprints when it was announced, so will go with my original plan, awful scheduling though!

Aye, as far as I know Sunday is a Cathouse club night so I'd imagine you'll be out by 10.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Was tempted to go for tickets but will hold off until the long awaited tour is announced.

Bst at Hyde park is quality been going down for various bands for a few good years now.And it's not a mega rip off for drinks n stuff,it's well worth going too 

18 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

No gig in Scotland since 2000 and none on the horizon. Love em but they can suck my plums.

I had hoped the Hydro being built might have tempted them up but apparently not. They're the last band left I haven't seen I really need to see otherwise I wouldn't be bothering either.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I had hoped the Hydro being built might have tempted them up but apparently not. They're the last band left I haven't seen I really need to see otherwise I wouldn't be bothering either.

They’re great live one of the best gigs I’ve been to. They’d sell out the Hydro no problem or be pretty close to it. I get bands of an age being selective with their gigs and tours (tbh PJ only “tour” the USA), but 2 gigs in Scotland in their entire career is really disappointing. 

Sad to see the demise of festivals. 

IMG_7727.thumb.jpeg.d33bade563bf08d95af43b507c340b40.jpeg

I’m getting a bit auld for the camping experience of a festival but I’ve been to so many down the years that introduced new bands, etc. 

No doubt the artist fees must be significantly higher now that musicians make most revenue from touring due to streaming services. 

The ticket price can put me off going to see some bands in large venues.

I appreciate I’ve moaned about this before but having to experience the gig through a sea of fcuking mobile phones is a bigger issue for me than the cost. 

I found this while trying to figure out how much the tickets are likely to cost: "No hyperbole, I think this is our best work" – Eddie Vedder claims Pearl Jam raised the bar on new album Dark Matter, but their 2024 tour ticket prices are soaring too | MusicRadar

£17.50 in 2000. If you like a band, see them young.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

image.png.0377e9543a074e0c5721f09246976389.png

OHHHHHHHHHH SHIT SON

Got mine as well for Manchester, that's Download then Rammstein in Dublin the weekend after then 2 days later Pearl Jam in Manchester (if I get tickets).

f**k I'm going to be skint that month.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Got mine as well for Manchester, that's Download then Rammstein in Dublin the weekend after then 2 days later Pearl Jam in Manchester (if I get tickets).

Alvvays at the Academy on Monday, PJ in Manchester on Tuesday, The Killers at the Hydro on Thursday. Hopefully I'll be deaf as well as skint. Good luck for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Alvvays at the Academy on Monday, PJ in Manchester on Tuesday, The Killers at the Hydro on Thursday. Hopefully I'll be deaf as well as skint. Good luck for tomorrow.

Be carefull what you wish for. After 45 years of gigs, my hearing definitely isn't what it should be with constant tinnitus and general dullness especially in noisy environments, e.g. pubs. Apart from myself I blame Lemmy and Angus Young.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Aye I just realised that the PJ gig is just after Rammstein in Dublin. Hope the wee yin’s grandparents like babysitting…