Gigs

pilsner_ffc

57 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Be carefull what you wish for. After 45 years of gigs, my hearing definitely isn't what it should be with constant tinnitus and general dullness especially in noisy environments, e.g. pubs. Apart from myself I blame Lemmy and Angus Young.

20 years of playing guitar in a rock band, and refusing to wear ear protection like a total dick,  with our beast of a drummer's crash cymbol usually about a foot from my left ear and sound engineers continually telling me to turn my amp down I have ...... Unusually good hearing. Get a hearing test every other year for work and always pass with a grade A rating . Can even hear those high pitched tones that apparently noone over 25 can hear due to natural hearing degradation . I'm 42! 

Bullet For My Valentine and Trivium announce a joint 20-Year album tour, playing The Poison and Ascendancy in full. January next year, Hydro the 28th. My little emo heart can barely take it!

Also my June is Foo Fighters 17th, Rammstein 23rd, Green Day 25th then Killers 27th.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Can even hear those high pitched tones that apparently no-one over 25 can hear due to natural hearing degradation . I'm 42! 

Sure that's not the tinnitus? Started wearing protection last year to protect what little I have left.

6 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Bullet For My Valentine and Trivium announce a joint 20-Year album tour, playing The Poison and Ascendancy in full. January next year, Hydro the 28th. My little emo heart can barely take it!

Also my June is Foo Fighters 17th, Rammstein 23rd, Green Day 25th then Killers 27th.

Sure that's not the tinnitus? Started wearing protection last year to protect what little I have left.

Aw man how can the poison be 20 years old ! Had it on in the car recently and still one of the best sounding albums about.  I can still remember sitting in King Street car park just after buying it and being absolutely blown away listening to the intro for the first time, proper hairs raised on arm moment. BFMV at the Barras on their original tour for it is still one of my favourite gigs ever . 

Aye the Mrs keeps telling me my ears are done when I complain that I can hear a high pitched noise that noone else can , then I track it down and find it's coming from some electrical device in the room . Genuinely just have a hearing range of someone 20 years younger than me despite absolutely abusing my ears since my teens! 

10 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

That's a tempting looking one. Will see if there's tickets left in a couple months once the finances will allow it.

10 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

BFMV at the Barras on their original tour for it is still one of my favourite gigs ever . 

Protest The Hero and As I Lay Dying opening in 2006? I was at that one! Young enough that I started a few pits, and there was a very epic wall of death my friend was raging at cause she missed it.

57 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Protest The Hero and As I Lay Dying opening in 2006? I was at that one! Young enough that I started a few pits, and there was a very epic wall of death my friend was raging at cause she missed it.

I'll take your word on pth but yeah I'm sure I came in half way thru as I lay dying . I was right at the front but too far to the right to partake in the physical stuff but a belter of a gig nonetheless. Was at Carling academy a year or so later where they filmed the video for heart bursts into fire ( can see me in the video if u pause at the right bit and squint up at the balcony, honest). Happy days.  

Saw Slowdive last night and told two c***s who shouted at each other for the duration of the first three songs to quieten down. They told me this was “a rock concert, not the opera” and that they “had paid the same money as everyone else, so we can do what we want”. 

Cannot be arsed with gigs anymore, especially when this is folk’s attitude. 

11 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Saw Slowdive last night and told two c***s who shouted at each other for the duration of the first three songs to quieten down. They told me this was “a rock concert, not the opera” and that they “had paid the same money as everyone else, so we can do what we want”. 

Cannot be arsed with gigs anymore, especially when this is folk’s attitude. 

I just don't understand folk who pay good money to not listen to the band. Thankfully I've not come across anyone who's spoiled my enjoyment but I feel it's only a matter of time.

I’ve come across a few but thankfully managed to tune them out,  latest example being a couple of wedgies shouting about how they should be playing at the barras and Glasgow’s better at the enter shikari gig at the corn exchange, if your that raging about having to travel the same distance which loads of east coast people do for nearly every gig don’t fucking bother buying a ticket

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I’ve come across a few but thankfully managed to tune them out,  latest example being a couple of wedgies shouting about how they should be playing at the barras and Glasgow’s better at the enter shikari gig at the corn exchange, if your that raging about having to travel the same distance which loads of east coast people do for nearly every gig don’t fucking bother buying a ticket

Could've pointed out they played in Glasgow three times last year too.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

A disproportionate amount of arseholes at gigs are weegies.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

A disproportionate amount of arseholes at gigs are weegies.

In terms of population yes, but in terms of relative population of arseholes they actually outperform themselves at gigs, they are maybe 95% of the issues at football but only 75% of issues at gigs

On 23/02/2024 at 20:58, JamesP_81 said:

I'll take your word on pth but yeah I'm sure I came in half way thru as I lay dying . I was right at the front but too far to the right to partake in the physical stuff but a belter of a gig nonetheless. Was at Carling academy a year or so later where they filmed the video for heart bursts into fire ( can see me in the video if u pause at the right bit and squint up at the balcony, honest). Happy days.  

Was at that one too, Skindred and Still Remains supported in February 2008! Que was far too long when we got there for me to be in the "Bullet" chant at the start though, was before my days of queing hours early. My friend said she saw me in one of the circlepits somewhere in the video but I could never make anyone out personally. Shook Mat's hand and got him to sign my ticket at the wee fence round the back afterwards. Happy days indeed!

Going to the armadillo for queen extravaganza this friday coming, meant to be quite good (picked by taylor and may so must have something about them surely) 

Be the 2nd aueen tribute ive seen, the bohemians in the o2 academy a couple years ago were tremendous and was a great night