Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Now that I'm home, a bit more detail. Dropping to a three probably will hurt them for the big outdoor shows, but in the arena setting, it worked. Utterly spectacular stage show, and the songs were quality as well. Highlight was probably the big final two songs which tore the house down.

Now that I'm home, a bit more detail. Dropping to a three probably will hurt them for the big outdoor shows, but in the arena setting, it worked. Utterly spectacular stage show, and the songs were quality as well. Highlight was probably the big final two songs which tore the house down.

Where were you? I was in the pit for the last two nights, front yesterday, rear today. Absolutely fucking incredible show, like nothing I've ever seen. So much so, in thinking about seeing if I can get a seated ticket for Thursday.

In the pit. Left hand side. To give you an idea, I had to get pushed out of the way to let the lass in the ball through.

Same! I was on the barrier for both, on the right Monday night, left, though fairly central at the edge of the red carpet last night, but actually found there was loads more to see from the b-stage. I want a seat next time to see all the stuff I'm still missing!

On Monday, there was tickets available for Tuesday night at £9 each. After the first night they shot back up to £80. My pals and I walked out speechless after the first night, no idea where to start discussing it, there's just so much going on.

I can't wait until Manchester next month and now I'm thinking about the final UK date in Newcastle.

Oh and aye, fucking incredible. Might as well pack in going to gigs. Can it honestly get better than that?

The Flood was probably the highlight. What a song.

I know you were probably on high from the gig but come on to f**k! :lol:

I'm sure Take That put on a great show but they're not proper 'gigs' are they, like most of these arena acts nowadays they're really just theatre productions.

I know you were probably on high from the gig but come on to f**k! :lol:

I'm sure Take That put on a great show but they're not proper 'gigs' are they, like most of these arena acts nowadays they're really just theatre productions.

Your point? If you're paying that much money for a gig, you SHOULD be getting a theatre production to go with it.

Your point? If you're paying that much money for a gig you're mental, you SHOULD be getting a theatre production to go with it.

FTFY :P

To me gigs are for music*, I don't go to watch Moulin Rouge/Chicago.

*Opinions may vary.

Most I've ever paid for a gig was Pearl Jam and they played for 2.5 hours without a single flying bicycle or giant mechanical hand, was worth every penny. :thumsup2

Tommy Nooka, on 29 Apr 2015 - 21:08, said:

FTFY :P

To me gigs are for music*, I don't go to watch Moulin Rouge/Chicago.

*Opinions may vary.

I think it's dependant on the type of gig. You go to see Take That, there's a level of expectation with a show. I'd say that's the same for a lot of pop shows and some other bands like the likes of Rammstein and Muse.

At the same time, the next time I see the Manic Street Preachers, I'd probably be shellshocked if they started reeling out flying cars and fireworks shooting out of a big ball that has a dancer inside it.