Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Ended up on the guestlist via a mate who works with the production company to Sons of Apollo. Never heard of them before, a 'supergroup' featuring Mike Portnoy and Bumblefoot amongst others. Very talented musicians and a very tight live band, quite an enjoyable show but definitely not my type of music - probably won't listen to them again.

Also ended up with free tickets for Star Shaped Festival tonight in Brixton so have headed along straight from the Brentford game. Never really listened to Britpop but arrived just in time for the Supernaturals who put on a good show. Looking forward to Ocean Colour Scene headlining later on.

1 hour ago, ListerRRFC said:

Also ended up with free tickets for Star Shaped Festival tonight in Brixton so have headed along straight from the Brentford game. Never really listened to Britpop but arrived just in time for the Supernaturals who put on a good show. Looking forward to Ocean Colour Scene headlining later on.

Been to a couple of star shaped events over in Islington, brilliant nights.

On 23/09/2018 at 13:55, Menzel said:

Going to They Might be Giants next weekend in Hamburg, can't wait. 

Genuinely one of the best bands I've ever seen live, outstanding. Tiny sweatbox of a venue too so never more than a few metres from the action. 

FB_IMG_1538310476399.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:33, ListerRRFC said:

Never really listened to Britpop but arrived just in time for the Supernaturals who put on a good show.

When I was a nipper all my pals fucking loved The Supernaturals while I thought they were dull as f**k but it goes to show you how wrong yer musical tastes can be when yer a teenager. Now they all think they're dull as f**k as well.

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilder said:

My pal just got tickets for the Eagles at the Hydro.... £200 face value!!! Is this the dearest ever?

Rod Stewart for York next year apparently £200! Now, we paid £84 pre sale

ELO on Tuesday night at Newcastle, can’t wait 

Guest Moomintroll
Rod Stewart for York next year apparently £200! Now, we paid £84 pre sale
ELO on Tuesday night at Newcastle, can’t wait 
Will be a great gig, genuinely the best live performance I have ever heard as it sounds exactly like the original recordings. Still got the hump as he didn't do Twilight or Hold on Tight but that aside it was phenomenal.

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Will be a great gig, genuinely the best live performance I have ever heard as it sounds exactly like the original recordings. Still got the hump as he didn't do Twilight or Hold on Tight but that aside it was phenomenal.

Already seen them at the sse and metro arena last couple of years and they are top drawer. Can’t get it out of my head, living thing, telephone line, evil woman, the list is endless. As you say the sound is excellent

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:01, Gareth_Glasgow said:

They Might Be Giants were brilliant as always last night, a lot of pleasant surprises in the setlist. The Queens Hall is a bit of a weird venue for a standing gig though.

Ma GFs flatmate got offered a free ticket to that and had never heard of them so I spent an hour playing some of their greatest hits for her before she went. Made me raging that I never bothered getting a ticket myself.