Gigs

pilsner_ffc

9 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Arcade Fire were as usual fecking awesome. Standing wasn’t too jammed which makes me think some folk stayed away, crazy fools missed some show.

I presumed this was to do with the two stages, which meant there wasn't a mad push to the front of the arena. Hard to tell when you're in the crowd tbf

Overall - a cracking gig. Good mix of songs from all the albums, with a few treats thrown in. 

On 13/07/2022 at 10:10, NorthernLights said:

Has anyone used Happy Buses before to get to and from gigs before? https://www.happybus.co.uk/

I'm going to RATM in August at the Royal Highland Centre and thinking this might be the easiest option to get to and from it. 

Don't think I'll be going near these guys again.

Obviously RATM was cancelled and tickets were refunded, safe to say that there are no plans to reschedule the gig at this point in time. Absolutely no proactive contact from Happy Bus to say when a refund will be issued. I message them on Facebook and got this back on the 14th of August.

"We are currently awaiting advice fro. The promoter on this ."

Radio silence since and. I've now emailed them saying what is the deal and if they don't refund me soon I'll be contacting my credit card provider.

Arcade Fire were so good last night.

I'd been looking forward to this gig for months, although as I posted further up I did come to the gig with a touch of unease given the news of the past week or so. Probably as a result it took me a while to get in the zone with it. From looking around the crowd I don't think I was alone on that score. There were some empty spaces including one of our group deciding to stay at home.

But it's some back catalogue, and I'd say by about the time they got to The Lightning I and II they were cooking on gas and getting a great reaction from the audience, with the biggest cheers for Regine, I thought.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arcade-fire/2022/the-ovo-hydro-glasgow-scotland-33b09001.html

My highlight probably Sprawl II or Haiti. I'm also a bit of sucker for Unconditional off the new album, probably through having kids about the same age as them.

And on to a second gig of the week this evening. Off to see Bright Eyes at the Barras. It's a postponement from 2020, and really looking forward to it.

Got a spare ticket if anyone is interested: It's face value £32.50, but will sell for £20, and can email it via PDF.

3 hours ago, Adamski said:

Arcade Fire were so good last night.

I'd been looking forward to this gig for months, although as I posted further up I did come to the gig with a touch of unease given the news of the past week or so. Probably as a result it took me a while to get in the zone with it. From looking around the crowd I don't think I was alone on that score. There were some empty spaces including one of our group deciding to stay at home.

But it's some back catalogue, and I'd say by about the time they got to The Lightning I and II they were cooking on gas and getting a great reaction from the audience, with the biggest cheers for Regine, I thought.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arcade-fire/2022/the-ovo-hydro-glasgow-scotland-33b09001.html

My highlight probably Sprawl II or Haiti. I'm also a bit of sucker for Unconditional off the new album, probably through having kids about the same age as them.

I don’t think it helped that they played Intervention on the small stage then had to walk over to the main stage for then next tune, so there was a bit of a gap between the first two songs. I thought it was a subdued start, too, but even by the time they were playing Ready To Start or Reflektor it was starting to heat up. 

I thought playing The Lightning I,II straight into Rebellion was great and, as you say, everyone was up for it by then. 

6 hours ago, Adamski said:

And on to a second gig of the week this evening. Off to see Bright Eyes at the Barras. It's a postponement from 2020, and really looking forward to it.

Got a spare ticket if anyone is interested: It's face value £32.50, but will sell for £20, and can email it via PDF.

Edit - ticket now gone.

No takers, huh? Well it’s about 80 mins until I head out to the gig, so I’ll revise that…

Would anyone like a ticket for free?! Would like to see it go to a good home over getting left unused.

Edited by Adamski

On 06/09/2022 at 18:11, Adamski said:

Edit - ticket now gone.

No takers, huh? Well it’s about 80 mins until I head out to the gig, so I’ll revise that…

Would anyone like a ticket for free?! Would like to see it go to a good home over getting left unused.

Was this good? The set list looks decent. 

I am praying and sacrificing various small animals for a 20th anniversary Digital Ash In A Digital Urn tour in a few years time. 

On 07/09/2022 at 21:18, Detournement said:

Was this good? The set list looks decent. 

I am praying and sacrificing various small animals for a 20th anniversary Digital Ash In A Digital Urn tour in a few years time. 

Really enjoyed it. It was my first time seeing them. Conor Oberst is quite a different character from how I’d imagined him - more rock n roll, lots of (rambly but mostly entertaining) chat, sounded quite out of it but couldn’t work out if that was real, affected, a cover for nerves, etc.

Great setlist. Songs from his latest album sounded good, but top songs of the night for me were Another Travellin’ Song and I Believe in Symmetry - I was particularly pleased that he played the latter: would be on my shortlist for favourite songs by any artist. (I’d also love a DAIADU tour.)

And we were right at the front - closest to the stage I’ve been at a gig in years.

F11EAB7E-A278-4D94-B60F-AC75023E6597.jpeg