Gigs

pilsner_ffc

If anyone's interested I've got a spare ticket going for Lauren Mayberry (CHVRCHES) solo show @ Glasgow SWG3 on Thursday night. 

Ticket cost £27.50 but more than happy to just round it up to £25. Ticket can't be transferred, so I'm happy to meet at the door! 

Was in the top tier at Usher Hall for The Waterboys last night and obviously in front of us were a group of coked up weegies who turned up 10 minuites late, wouldn't stop talking and playing on their phones.

Noticed that in the Grand Circle there was a few free seats so treated ourselves to a free upgrade away from the reprobates for the second set, once this was done it was a really enjoyable gig.

Why can people not be complete arseholes when going to gigs?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Was in the top tier at Usher Hall for The Waterboys last night and obviously in front of us were a group of coked up weegies who turned up 10 minuites late, wouldn't stop talking and playing on their phones.

Noticed that in the Grand Circle there was a few free seats so treated ourselves to a free upgrade away from the reprobates for the second set, once this was done it was a really enjoyable gig.

I don't understand paying good money for a show and then not watching it. It's absolute weirdo behaviour that sadly we're seeing more and more of.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

"It's rock n roll........because it's rock n roll.........cuz we'ur ladz n that".....................all joking aside, I don't get it either and it p's me right off!!

Sisters of Mercy at ‚the Capitol‘ in Hannover last Monday. A bit Meh in all honesty. No audience interaction whatsoever. One of the few gigs that I‘ve left before the encore. A friend who‘d seen them in London recently, had mentioned it would be mince, unfortunately she was right.

On 02/10/2023 at 08:50, derek_holmes said:

I was at the second London show, where they went pretty deep into their catalogue. I thought it was great as I've seen the "A set" a couple of times before, but I heard a few grumbles from people who were at their first National gig and were expecting all the favourites. 

I did have a giggle when I saw the setlist and thought of that. Half the crowd raging, the other half giddy.

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

Sisters of Mercy at ‚the Capitol‘ in Hannover last Monday. A bit Meh in all honesty. No audience interaction whatsoever. One of the few gigs that I‘ve left before the encore. A friend who‘d seen them in London recently, had mentioned it would be mince, unfortunately she was right.

“Seen them” a few years back at the ABC in Glasgow. The smoke machine was used to liberally that I didn’t actually see anyone on stage. Interesting evening. 

Tenacious D are touring in May again, playing the Hydro on the 9th. There was a presale access through their website or general sale is Friday I think.
If they'd announced this earlier I could've saved money going down to London in June but hey I got to go to a new venue and some nice pictures of statues and a stupidly expensive building. 🙃 Already got standing for next year, hopefully make barrier this time

On 02/10/2023 at 18:17, The Naitch said:

I’m going for quality over quantity this month. Just Deacon Blue at the Hydro on the 14th to look forward to.

We're off to see them at the usher Hall next Wednesday.  Also just bought tickets for the bbc radio 2 sounds of the 80s with Gary davies next May at the 02 In Edinburgh.

On 04/10/2023 at 15:42, mathematics said:

“Seen them” a few years back at the ABC in Glasgow. The smoke machine was used to liberally that I didn’t actually see anyone on stage. Interesting evening. 

I was at that,iirc they were awful.

Going in November,it's not sounding hopeful judging by that earlier post

Another +1 for New Order. Not my generation at all, mainly went to see Confidence Man but thought New Order were excellent. Lights show was great as well. And about 10% of the crowd wankers/phone up the entire gig sorta folk as I've seen lately!