Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 22/09/2023 at 19:29, Craig fae the Vale said:

Just seen The National's setlist from Dublin last night. We are in for a treat on Sunday.

Hope so, just hope they are not on too early since I'm travelling after Aberdeen game. I hope Soccer Mummy is better than when I watched her in Atlanta even though I've no chance of making seeing her

Edited by betting competition

On 22/09/2023 at 19:29, Craig fae the Vale said:

Just seen The National's setlist from Dublin last night. We are in for a treat on Sunday.

No idea how, but I had never heard of The National before reading this, quick search on Spotify and I must say I like what I heard, right up my street.

Missed out on tickets to OMD at Glasgow next March Im attending an event the night after and would love to have made it a two day trip, gutted as I don't know if I will see them again,

Not really that fair, the whole of Scotland gets just two dates, and nothing north of central belt, 

Despite teca being one of the biggest 5 venues in Europe 

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

Hope so, just hope they are not on too early since I'm travelling after Aberdeen game. I hope Soccer Mummy is better than when I watched her in Atlanta even though I've no chance of making seeing her

Due on stage about 8.45 by the looks of it. Hope you make it in time!

The National at the Hydro tonight.

Bloody fantastic. Sounded absolutely massive from the first song til the end of their 2 and a quarter hour set. Played all the songs I hoped I'd hear. Great energy and crowd interaction. Great show.

Support from Soccer Mommy who were technically fine but not the most exciting watch. Real lack of energy, just wonder if the setting was too big for them.

20230924_204347.jpg

11 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

The National at the Hydro tonight.

Bloody fantastic. Sounded absolutely massive from the first song til the end of their 2 and a quarter hour set. Played all the songs I hoped I'd hear. Great energy and crowd interaction. Great show.

Support from Soccer Mommy who were technically fine but not the most exciting watch. Real lack of energy, just wonder if the setting was too big for them.

20230924_204347.jpg

Fantastic gig, Matt loved going into the crowd, also a nice tribute to Scott Hutchison. Love Space Invader song in the new album and it's even better watching them play it live.

It's was the same in Atlanta, like a lot of Soccer Mummy song too but even at a venue just smaller than the Barrowlands didn't really work out well

Polly Jean Harvey at Barrowlands tonight - excited as I was last night

9 hours ago, betting competition said:

Fantastic gig, Matt loved going into the crowd, also a nice tribute to Scott Hutchison. Love Space Invader song in the new album and it's even better watching them play it live.

It's was the same in Atlanta, like a lot of Soccer Mummy song too but even at a venue just smaller than the Barrowlands didn't really work out well

Matt looked like he was having the best time up there.

Crowd looked superb from where I was sitting. First time I've been seated at the Hydro when there's been a standing area, really fun looking down and seeing the crowd react. 

On 24/09/2023 at 11:39, Willie adie said:

Not really that fair, the whole of Scotland gets just two dates, and nothing north of central belt, 

Seems to be standard for a lot of artists now. I look at tour lists and you see 1 date for Scotland, and it tends to be Glasgow or Edinburgh. I think artists shoot themselves in the foot slightly, trying to play for the English market. I get there are greater populations to play too down there, but I'm not believing that alot of those nights are any more populated than doing 3 or 4 dates across Scotland.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Tried for Texas tickets for 2024 but no joy 😩, managed to get Usher Hall OMD standing tickets, one out of two not so bad I suppose.

I managed to get Texas sorted in the presale. I think they’ll add an extra hydro show if that first one is gone already.

On 25/09/2023 at 11:15, betting competition said:

On 25/09/2023 at 20:30, Craig fae the Vale said:

Matt looked like he was having the best time up there.

Crowd looked superb from where I was sitting. First time I've been seated at the Hydro when there's been a standing area, really fun looking down and seeing the crowd react. 

(and anyone else)

A bootleg of this is now online here: The National Live at OVO Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland on 2023-09-24 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The same person put up their Dublin and Leeds dates already, and they're going to do the two London nights from this week, where they played two entirely different setlists - 58 different songs.

Saw Jill Jackson last night at The MacArts in Galashiels, decent night a wee bit different to last weekend’s Hayseed Dixie & The Complete Stone Roses , I’ve got Urban Voodoo Machine next Saturday and Wrest later in the month 

Seven gigs booked for October. 

The Hut Sessions at King Tut's which is four acoustic singer songwriters. Bit different from my usual but should be good.

The Nashville Reunion Tour at the Armadillo. Four of the stars of the guilty pleasure TV show. Again, a bit different from my usual but I'm really looking forward to it.

Future Palace at Audio.

Punk Rock Factory at the O2 Academy. 

Go_a at St Lukes. Think this one could be pretty special. Very different and apparently sensational live.

Fall Out Boy at the Hydro.

Meet Me @ the Altar at King Tuts.

Should be a good month.

On 29/09/2023 at 18:42, Miguel Sanchez said:

The same person put up their Dublin and Leeds dates already, and they're going to do the two London nights from this week, where they played two entirely different setlists - 58 different songs.

I was at the second London show, where they went pretty deep into their catalogue. I thought it was great as I've seen the "A set" a couple of times before, but I heard a few grumbles from people who were at their first National gig and were expecting all the favourites. 

October gigs:

October 14th - Peter Hook & the Light (Hammersmith Apollo - London)
October 15th - Collen (Kings Place - London)
October 15th - Theon Cross (Kings Place - London)
October 22nd - English Teacher (McChuilis)
October 23rd - Young Fathers (Barras)

Still trying to decide if going to King Krule on Friday at the Barras.