Gigs

pilsner_ffc

My pal who I've not seen in ages fancied going out on Friday 1st September. As it happens, Big Girl's Blouse, who I really enjoyed last week are playing The Old Haidrrssers that night in support of Gelatine on their EP launch night. Will be a good night catching up with my pal and seeing some more local.bands.

On 11/06/2023 at 21:09, Squalor Vic said:

Dunno the general consensus on here about him but was down at St James Park for Sam Fender this weekend and thought he was tremendous. Not been at a big stadium gig for a while and sound started a bit ropey, as they can do but as it went on it it got a lot better. Brought out Brian Johnson for a couple ac/dc covers too. 

Great night, a good atmosphere about the city as well. He seems a good lad too. 

Saw Sam tonight at the Sziget festival in Budapest and thought he was also tremendous. In addition I haven't seen so many folk dressed in Newcastle tops and flip flops since I went to Malia in the 90s 😄

Edited by Lurkst

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Watching the Delgados at the Bandstand in Kelvingrove Park tomorrow - hope it doesn't rain lol 

I'm at Slessor Gardens in Dundee tomorrow for the Ibiza Orchestra - the forecast isn't looking good for that either.

Going down to London for Boygenius on Sunday which should be a good day out, with Muna, Ethel Cain and Soak supporting. Saw that Cory Hanson is playing the Moth Club on Saturday too, so I’m happy that I’ll get to see him tour his solo stuff since there’s no Scottish date. 

28 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Going down to London for Boygenius on Sunday which should be a good day out, with Muna, Ethel Cain and Soak supporting. Saw that Cory Hanson is playing the Moth Club on Saturday too, so I’m happy that I’ll get to see him tour his solo stuff since there’s no Scottish date. 

Seeing boygenius at Connect Festival in a couple of weeks, cannot wait to see them.

35 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Going to Corey Taylor at the 02 Academy in Glasgow in November,  the plan is to stay the night so we can have a drink, any decent recommendations for accommodation near?

Gig on a Sunday so a lot cheaper than a Saturday, basically anywhere in the city centre is fine. I always find Premier Inn are normally the cheapest and decent size rooms. If you want nearest the 02 Academy then St Enoch (10 mins away) one to pick and a wee bit cheaper than Buchanan Galleries. For budget hotels it is also worth looking at Ibis, Motel One and Point a Hotel (bit of a box room but can be the cheapest)

Edited by betting competition