Gigs

pilsner_ffc

14 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Texas at Church in Dundee were absolutely tremendous fun. Tiny venue for anyone unfamiliar so it suited Sharleen and co. right down to the ground - they played 9 songs with Q&A and stories in between.

Well worth the £18 which also included a copy of their new greatest hits CD.

Were Assai involved in that? I'm sure  they were involved in the 2 gigs at St Lukes in Glasgow.

52 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Were Assai involved in that? I'm sure  they were involved in the 2 gigs at St Lukes in Glasgow.

That’s right, yeah.

Same with the Edinburgh gigs they done last week I think.

Got tickets for Depeche Mode in Glasgow next January. Was going to take the wife back to Berlin in Feb to see them, had flights and hotel for a decent price, went into Ticketmaster DE and they wanted €700 for 2 tickets. Bands really need to tell Ticketmaster to go f**k themselves, they are ripping fans off big time.

Just booked to see Finch on the What It is To Burn 20th Anniversary tour. Saw them touring that album when it first came out, so feeling a bit old now.

Also booked former Ukrainian Eurovision contestants Go_A, who I'm really looking forward to, think they'll put on a show.

RHCP at Hampden last night were awesome. Rescheduled from December last year and worth it. Only been 19years since I last saw them at Murrayfield. Also thankful I bit the price and got the golden circle upgrade last week.

On 24/07/2023 at 01:22, Leith Green said:

Nile Rodgers and Chic tonight at the Usher Hall was fucking fantastic. What a band. Great night.

In with the generic "If He hINkS ThATs a ReAcTiON hE ShOUld COmE tAe GlasGae" type post...

I saw James and Razorlight in Dundee last night.

I'm not a huge fan of either band, but I went along for the hell of it as there aren't that many gigs in Dundee these days.

Razorlight were okay, but I think they'd sound better in a small indoor venue.

James were really good. They played most of their hits, though the crowd was left disappointed that they didn't play Laid. I was also impressed that they didn't bother with all that encore bullshit, they just played their set then fucked off the stage.

First gig in a while where I've stayed sober. The queues for the bars were insane so I just gave up.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm not a huge fan of either band, but I went along for the hell of it as there aren't that many gigs in Dundee these days.

James were really good. They played most of their hits, though the crowd was left disappointed that they didn't play Laid. I was also impressed that they didn't bother with all that encore bullshit, they just played their set then fucked off the stage.

First gig in a while where I've stayed sober. The queues for the bars were insane so I just gave up.

Yeh, only real downside of last night.  I only caught the last few songs of Razorlight and agree they were ok.    I thought James were excellent.  Beautiful Beaches and Getting Way With It (All Messed Up) were the best of the night for me.

On 29/07/2023 at 11:14, tongue_tied_danny said:

Thought it was a great gig, first time I've seen James but I enjoyed it.

The queues were fucking mental, probably impossible to get drunk there.

Glasweigan punk band Soapbox headlining King Tut's tonight. Very good, full of energy and a rabid crowd.

Support from The Skins, The Wee Reprobates and Big Girl's Blouse (the best of the three supports by a long way, I'll go out of my way to see them again)

Four loud, fast, local punk bands for a tenner. Not many better ways to spend a Sunday night.

20230730_232315.jpg

For those of a pop-punk mindset, Simple Plan are playing in February with support from Mayday Parade and State Champs. And Neck Deep have added a Glasgow date to their "Rain In July" tour, in October.

The ND one is in Slay. I've google mapped it but never been there before. Any thoughts?