Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Springsteen tonight in Hyde park ...how good was that ,special mention to frank Turner aswell

Ps anybody going to bst at hyde park the bevy wasn't too "roughly" priced for centre of London 

IMG_20230706_144709032_HDR.jpg

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Springsteen tonight in Hyde park ...how good was that ,special mention to frank Turner aswell

Ps anybody going to bst at hyde park the bevy wasn't too "roughly" priced for centre of London 

IMG_20230706_144709032_HDR.jpg

I was meant to go on Saturday, but the hotel we booked cancelled a few weeks ago saying they’d overbooked (aye right). Everywhere else was extortionate by that point so just had to patch it.

Depeche Mode were absolutely epic in Berlin last night, it’s was like watching a bands farewell gig in their home city with the levels of adulation that the Berlin crowd showed the band.

We got out to the stadium early on the S-bahn train which was free there and back as part of our concert ticket. Sat in a beer garden at the ground with a group of locals. They said they see Depeche Mode as their own due to the fact the band lived there while recording 3 albums at the Hansa studios and they always championed the rights of the people living in the east of the city. The beer which was excellent was €4.50, none of the rip off shit you get in the UK.

The band played a fantastic set, concert finished, the stadium emptied in no time and there were loads of trains waiting in the station next to the stadium. We were back in the city centre within 45mins of the concert finishing.

The full night was fantastic, going to a large scale concert in Germany was a stress free, enjoyable experience. Unlike lots I’ve been to in the UK.

IMG_2086.jpeg

Edited by Harry Kinnear

14 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

For two 78 and 79 year olds, Pete and Rog still put on a show.

Showers throughout, but thankfully never came to much, certainly didn't dampen the atmosphere one bit.

A beltin' night...!

20230708_221538.jpg

20230708_222511.jpg

20230708_202554.jpg

They were excellent tonight as well.

I am currently on the last train out of Waverley and all I can hear is other people playing back videos from the show! 

The Who were born excellent.

Pete and Roger are two who have given so much to music and charity this century but have received nothing in return.

And that's before you consider what they achieved musically with John and Keith last century.

A most underappreciated band.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Done all three days at TRNSMT. Paul Heaton and Pulp the Friday, Kasabian the Saturday, and 1975 the Sunday.

The place was full of reprobates and walking through Glasgow these days is absolutely horrendous: it’s overrun with junkies trying to intimidate bystanders and doesn’t look like any decent work has been done on the streets since the 1960s. 

Performance-wise, however, Kasabian were fucking biblical and thoroughly enjoyed myself at the 1975. Pulp was a bit flat I felt apart from the anthems (don’t think many there knew too many songs outside the big 3 ones) and Paul Heaton’s set was unfortunately short, but enjoyable. Doubt I’ll be back there unless it is Arctic Monkeys playing it. 

26 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The place was full of reprobates and walking through Glasgow these days is absolutely horrendous: it’s overrun with junkies trying to intimidate bystanders and doesn’t look like any decent work has been done on the streets since the 1960s. 

Surely you expected this though, common knowledge that a large proportion of Glasgow is an absolute shithole and 90% of the clientele at TRNSMT are coked up wee neds.

6 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Belle and Sebastian at The Beach Ballroom last night. 
Well worth the wait from the original date last November.

Coming on to The Northern Lights playing helped endear them to the locals as well. 

IMG_1251.jpeg

Expected more people to sing the Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen!!!

I really love their early stuff in the 90s but not so much of recent stuff apart from the last two songs that have been played on 6 music.  First time watching Belle and Sebastian live although did have a chance at the Bowlie Weekender in 1999 but thought I would never watch Godspeed you Black Emperor!  (seen them about 5 times!) so watched them instead.

It was a great gig but I never took a jacket with me and the rain after the gig made me drink in a bar afterwards - not feeling so good today ha ha.  

Edited by betting competition