Gigs

pilsner_ffc

48 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Fair to say they were far better tonight. Three hour set as well. Really enjoyed it.

See Perhaps was soundchecked again but not played.
Can't be far away from release now.

Solo in it a bit underwhelming though.

49 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

See Perhaps was soundchecked again but not played.
Can't be far away from release now.

Solo in it a bit underwhelming though.

" Soundchecked again but not played".....explain yourself .

Maiden were exceptional on Monday. Been to see them 6 times now and the first 7 songs i'd never heard live. 9 in total, Which is nuts. I wasn't massive on Senjutsu as an album but live the songs sounded phenomenal.

Bruce's singing is other worldly especially considering he had throat cancer bout 5 years ago. 

Only gripe was i was seated and it was just too far away compared to what i'm used to at maiden gigs.

Guns N Roses were absolutely outstanding from start to finish last night. If you buy into any of the criticism of Axl Rose’s voice based on having watched Glastonbury on the telly or read some less than complimentary tweets, then you’re a fucking balloon. 

IMG_9504.jpeg

21 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

" Soundchecked again but not played".....explain yourself .

The song called "Perhaps".

It's an (as of yet unofficially) unreleased tune from the Chinese Democracy era. A version of it leaked a few years back. 

It seems that an updated version featuring the current lineup is likely to be released soon, hence them rehearsing it.

Edited by Derek Patterson

On 28/06/2023 at 19:50, 8MileBU said:

Guns N Roses were absolutely outstanding from start to finish last night. If you buy into any of the criticism of Axl Rose’s voice based on having watched Glastonbury on the telly or read some less than complimentary tweets, then you’re a fucking balloon. 

IMG_9504.jpeg

When did Jim Davidson join?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Foo Fighters almost totally sold out - only single seats in the "Platinum" sections available at £270 a pop - to sit yourself. I didn't bother this time as I've seen them a load of times before, but I hope anyone who wanted them got through the Ticketmaster madness and got them.

Went to Sheffield (Saturday), London (Sunday), and Glasgow on the Monkeys’ tour. Had tickets for Middlesborough and Bristol also, but circumstances deemed that I had to give those up.

The Sheffield gig was rather disappointing: the tunes were in an even slower than normal tone, and little to no crowd interaction. London and Glasgow, however, were fucking ace. Glasgow probably just edging London. Thoroughly enjoyed the Glastonbury set from the comfort of my own living room with a drink, rather than being blotto in a field, with zero sleep and in a considerable amount of debt. 

Edited by DAFC.