Gigs

pilsner_ffc

5 hours ago, microdave said:

Re the last paragraph, when and where do you pee? I could never last that long.

5 hours ago, The Naitch said:

I've always wondered that too. I wouldn't have the brass neck to push my way back to the front of the crowd after a pee break or going to get drinks etc.

One dude did manage to get out and back in with two pints just after the gates opened. I'm surprised he got back. Normally the crowd is ok if they saw you leave or can see your pal you're trying to get back too. They did have a row of portapotties on the outside of the gate so the last time you could've reasonably went and not felt bad was about 3.30pm.

Personally I had one bottle of pepsi sitting in the que and that was all I had to drink during that time. An intentional partial dehydration. 

Anyone at Arctic Monkeys able to report on the state of Bellahouston Park?

Got Guns N Roses on Tuesday, the weather like this and the packed schedule Bellahouston has I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled again.

14 hours ago, Empty It said:

Got Guns N Roses on Tuesday, the weather like this and the packed schedule Bellahouston has I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled again.

Dried up in time for the headliners.

My teenage daughters were desperate to go but no tickets were available. Ended up sitting on the hill watching with dozens of others.

Two happy kids and I'm 200 sovs in the black. Result 👍

On 25/06/2023 at 17:24, Empty It said:

I wore a pair of old boots expecting a quagmire but it was absolutely fine. Everything very well organised drinks v pricey ( obvs) but queues were fast moving. 

1 hour ago, Stevie Kirk said:

£6 for a lager but I was also bankrolling my teenage daughter and her pal who were on £10 a pop spirit/ mixers.

Not actually as bad as I’d feared,  thought inflation might have put a pint somewhere nearer a tenner. 

Edited by Broomhill Ultra

Iron Maiden at the Hydro tonight.

Well that was absolutely spectacular. Without hyperbole, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Just incredible from start to finish.

Lord of the Lost very good in support as well, a lot heavier than Eurovision would have led you to believe.

20230626_223457.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Iron Maiden at the Hydro tonight.

Well that was absolutely spectacular. Without hyperbole, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Just incredible from start to finish.

Lord of the Lost very good in support as well, a lot heavier than Eurovision would have led you to believe.

20230626_223457.jpg

Tremendous show.

Alexander The Great and Hell On Earth particular highlights for me. Does seem that they've brought the tempo down slightly on some stuff but that's understandable at this point, especially considering Nick is in his 70s. Bruce still an unreal vocalist. Must take some amount of prep to be in the shape go out and deliver like that every other night. Same with 'Arry galloping away constantly, running around and machine gunning with his bass.

Caught maybe the last 20 mins of the opener and whilst I'd admittedly never heard of them, it was solid euro metal. The singer boy using "Scream for me" a few times was a bit odd though. Blatant gimmick infringement 😂

A slightly different view for night 2 but somewhat welcomed given the torrential Swedish rain in the build up!

The highlight was undoubtedly the tour debut of Racing In The Street!! Which some heathens decided to take as their toilet break 🤨 

Here's hoping Bruce & the band will be back before long!

20230626_225406.jpg

20230626_231922.jpg