Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Some highlights from my ticket collection

1. First Ever Ticket! I was 8 and remember my mum telling me beforehand that they might play "Don't Marry Her" and swear during it. And that's ok because they're adults and allowed lol. Space, unfortunately, didn't play.

image.thumb.jpeg.578117268df2da808ca3a10af9b57197.jpeg

2nd ticket. I miss personalised ones like these instead of the generic name in the same font you get nowadays
image.thumb.jpeg.0c0cf9f2edd068bdc85af3e189ea4d0b.jpeg

3rd ticket but probably the one that really started it all. Showed me as a teen that live music could be a proper "gig" instead of a concert experience

image.thumb.jpeg.58ad4363b46c1b0b3d4c9d89fb32a6ef.jpeg

First signed ticket. Also one of the first I went to with friends instead of my mum having to take me.

image.thumb.jpeg.bdcce76d2cd4b472706b7dc05412d6c9.jpeg

First memorabilia that wasn't a ticket. Stolen off the wall or the stage. Archangels Revenge were objectively not great but they hit that unpolished metal/metalcore/screamo mix that 18yr old me loved.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e5427db9d7acba8925d1d1b146227a1.jpeg

I'll stop here before it gets too long, but might upload a few more later when I cba. Off to see Hollywood Vampires at The Hydro tonight. But oh for £16 SECC/£13 barras gigs again...

Edited by AnderooMFC

3 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

1. First Ever Ticket! I was 8 and remember my mum telling me beforehand that they might play "Don't Marry Her" and swear during it. And that's ok because they're adults and allowed lol. Space, unfortunately, didn't play.

2nd ticket. I miss personalised ones like these instead of the generic name in the same font you get nowadays

3rd ticket but probably the one that really started it all. Showed me as a teen that live music could be a proper "gig" instead of a concert experience

First signed ticket. Also one of the first I went to with friends instead of my mum having to take me.

First memorabilia that wasn't a ticket. Stolen off the wall or the stage. Archangels Revenge were objectively not great but they hit that unpolished metal/metalcore/screamo mix that 18yr old me loved.

I'll stop here before it gets too long, but might upload a few more later when I cba. Off to see Hollywood Vampires at The Hydro tonight. But oh for £16 SECC/£13 barras gigs again...

Off to see them too, they are fab.

4 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

£27.50 for a stadium show. Those were the days.

7 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

£27.50 for a stadium show. Those were the days.

I was 12 so didn't get much time to enjoy the cheap tickets. £27.50 is much more likely to be the ticketmaster processing fees nowadays :(

19 minutes ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Not long back from Glasgow - The Hollywood Vampires were absolutely brilliant !

My second time seeing them too! They were brilliant, though I wasn't impressed by The Tubes tbh. Still kinda annoyed that Seether weren't there... And I absolutely hate hate hate seated gigs.

In Newcastle next week for a few days and have booked Frenchy and the Punk on the Wednesday night at Trillians. Think they'll put on a good show.

Also very tempted with Future Palace at Audio in October. Very impressed with what I've heard from them and it's only £12, so not a massive outlay.

The Darkness are doing a Permission To Land anniversary tour in December. I've got tickets for the Barras but that one's sold out. There's also an Edinburgh gig going on sale tomorrow I think.

Also got tickets for The Blackout at SWG3 in February. That'll be my 9th time seeing them

11 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

The Darkness are doing a Permission To Land anniversary tour in December. I've got tickets for the Barras but that one's sold out. There's also an Edinburgh gig going on sale tomorrow I think.

Also got tickets for The Blackout at SWG3 in February. That'll be my 9th time seeing them

Went to the previous anniversary tour, they played Killie at the grand hall. Justin Hawkins had a bad cold but still hit all the notes. Was a great gig. 

just back from seeing Rev Peyton's Big Damn Band at The Cluny. Guy  is an unbelievable guitarist and a great showman. Superb gig.

Venue wasn't terrible, but you need to get a good spot. Downstairs where the stage is kind of sucks unless you're at the front. It's long and narrow. But there's a slight balcony where the bar is and if you can get close to the banister then you get a very decent view. I only had 1 in front of me at the banister, so had a pretty decent view of the stage.

He's playing 2 nights in Edinburgh next week. Normal show on Thursday and a late night show on Friday. Anybody looking to go to a gig next week would do well to get a ticket. Peyton delivers. And we even got flames when Breezy set fire to her washboard. 

Popped along to the Dog House in Balloch tonight to see local folk band The O'Cajunals. Really good. Nice mix of traditional Scottish songs, intersped with some rock and country. The violin player was superb. They play locally pretty regularly so will go back and see them again. 

20230715_211409.jpg

Texas at Church in Dundee were absolutely tremendous fun. Tiny venue for anyone unfamiliar so it suited Sharleen and co. right down to the ground - they played 9 songs with Q&A and stories in between.

Well worth the £18 which also included a copy of their new greatest hits CD.