Do You Remember When?

MarvMarvSuperMarv

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just pretend like you didnt say that first bit. :D

You didnt buy a season ticket or go and see us most weeks. We have been fucking brutal for 2years. At least with JJ back at the helm we might play some decent football. Ill take another 5-0 the next time we are up in Perth.

It is one of the most uninspirational managerial appointments I've ever seen. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be ready to jump. It's like going back to an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

Ah right, fair game then.

I was probably at that match, it wasn't a 4-0 by any chance? To think, I was jumping about enjoying a Firhill hotdog while you were being stalked but a few yards away.

I have looked the game up. It seems we lost 2-0, Steven Anderson getting sent off. Derek Lilley replaced Jason Scotland in that match. Oh god. The legendary Goran Stanic and Paul Sheerin clearly not causing the usual havoc up the left flank that evening. Kev could've told me all of this without the need to look up soccerbase. I don't know how he remembers this stuff. I have known him for seven years and his ability to remember things still shocks me!

I have looked the game up. It seems we lost 2-0, Steven Anderson getting sent off. Derek Lilley replaced Jason Scotland in that match. Oh god. The legendary Goran Stanic and Paul Sheerin clearly not causing the usual havoc up the left flank that evening. Kev could've told me all of this without the need to look up soccerbase. I don't know how he remembers this stuff. I have known him for seven years and his ability to remember things still shocks me!

Was that the game that was postponed from Christmas as a result of Mark Roberts still being drunk our players having a bug? IIRC you'd beat us easily in Perth on the Saturday but we won 3 days later? If that was the game then Sam Morrow scored.

It is one of the most uninspirational managerial appointments I've ever seen. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be ready to jump. It's like going back to an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

If you had sat through the pish thats come and gone since Burley then its like the fucking Second coming. Jefferies time at Killie was constantly restrained by an ever decreasing budget, he wont have the same problem at Tynecastle now. He will be a success again at Hearts and I believe with a few decent signings in the summer we will be right up there challenging. I havent been happy about going to see us as much for about 4 years, and after losing my da in August I didnt really think I would ever feel properly motivated to go and watch us again, but this appointment has done that.

Ialso have at the back of my mind that my optimism is somewhat misplaced. :lol:

Was that the game that was postponed from Christmas as a result of Mark Roberts still being drunk our players having a bug? IIRC you'd beat us easily in Perth on the Saturday but we won 3 days later? If that was the game then Sam Morrow scored.

I think that's the one.

I think that postponement annoyed me more than anything in football, ever.

This is great, like a P&B house party. Me and Skyline in the kitchen discussing stats and everyone else sharing the hot gossip.

:lol:

I think that's me at real parties too!

It was only a couple of thousand he inflated it by, I always over-egged the protests so as to not look like a sad fecker. :P;)

Ya arsehile!!!!

Yeah I know you did. Point still stands though. ;)

I think I was on around 24,000 posts but I always maintained that the majority of those posts came within the first few years of this site being operational and the recent post cull obviously shows that. I was young and at school with plenty of spare time on my hands. I'm a lot older now with a full time job, studying at college as well and have virtually no spare time to sit online for prolonged periods of time anymore. This is the first time I've really sat and posted properly for months!

I suspect my overall posting hasn't moved much in rate though I don't know that. When the site started I didn't have much access at work whereas I do now and there wasn't the General Nonsense to post on and even once there was I rarely went there. Now I post quite often in GN. However, I do have more commitments now and probably post less on football itself than I did 4 or 5 years ago. For a start I'm more deeply involved in the actual club so opinion stuff has pretty much gone. Apart from views on actual matches my football posts are basically statements of facts.

If you had sat through the pish thats come and gone since Burley then its like the fucking Second coming. Jefferies time at Killie was constantly restrained by an ever decreasing budget, he wont have the same problem at Tynecastle now. He will be a success again at Hearts and I believe with a few decent signings in the summer we will be right up there challenging. I havent been happy about going to see us as much for about 4 years, and after losing my da in August I didnt really think I would ever feel properly motivated to go and watch us again, but this appointment has done that.

Ialso have at the back of my mind that my optimism is somewhat misplaced. :lol:

The problem at Hearts over the last few years has never been the managers. You have just accepted that there's nothing you can do about the real problem but the human need to attach blame is still there so the manager takes the hit. Hearts are no longer the huge club they once were. Hibs and Dundee United have left you in their wake.

Please don't feel sad though. I'd feel bad. :lol:

The problem at Hearts over the last few years has never been the managers. You have just accepted that there's nothing you can do about the real problem but the human need to attach blame is still there so the manager takes the hit. Hearts are no longer the huge club they once were. Hibs and Dundee United have left you in their wake.

Please don't feel sad though. I'd feel bad. :lol:

Sam its after midnight now and i may be a little tired but you're getting a green circle for saying possibly the funniest thing I have read on here since I joined. Thats class. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dam I have reached my quota of one point for the day.

and the problems at Hearts have never been as much Mr Romanovs fault as the media in the country would have you believe.

Sam its after midnight now and i may be a little tired but your getting a green circle for saying possibly the funniest thing I have read on here since I joined. Thats class. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know your mini old firm mentality almost acts as a mental block but you have to accept it.

The table doesn't lie. Neither do I. You're shite and Hibs are not. 8)

Sam posting has reminded me- Hazel doesn't post either anymore (or if she does it's in the SPL forum where I rarely venture).

Have you always posted under this name?

That's the biggest problem I encounter on the forum these days. I just don't know who anyone is. It almost warms my heart when I see posts from people like Skyline Drifter and Frank Booth because I know who they are!

I know your mini old firm mentality almost acts as a mental block but you have to accept it.

The table doesn't lie. Neither do I. You're shite and Hibs are not. 8)

Yep we're pish I cant diagree. I didnt take you for a mini caravan dweller though. I will have to reevaluate my position on you after this, eye opening stuff.

A mini caravan dweller? :(

Hibs sympathiser, you seem to have the flair football, honest young scottish laddies blindfold firmly in place.

Hibs are just as pish as everyone else in the league with the exception of having Stokes and Riordan who score at this level.

Have you always posted under this name?

That's the biggest problem I encounter on the forum these days. I just don't know who anyone is. It almost warms my heart when I see posts from people like Skyline Drifter and Frank Booth because I know who they are!

I used to be synex but I got caught up in the name-changing ability when I bought platinum membership (which I did to block the ads so I could browse at work). I don't really have any desire to change again- I'd just became fedup with synex as it was a nickname from when I was 14/15 years old that I didn't really care for anymore.

I assume you do know you can check username history via going into someone's profile, but I accept it is a bit of a hassle to do it for everyone with a platinum membership.

Archived