Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

£8 for the Stars webcast is excellent value. It's a good quality stream with fair commentary.

The alternative is £30+ to travel to Dundee to watch the game. I like Dundee as an away trip but right now its a tough ask.

Clan lose tonight and the conference is gone. Its that simple. We've gone 3 games where we've had 118 shots on goal. We've scored 3 goals. Those same 3 games? 11 conceded. Those are simply unacceptable numbers.

Taxi for Finnerty. He'll get til the end of the season but he should be sacked as soon as the Clan's play-off tilt is over. Which will likely be before the Nottingham weekender.

Clan have won 1 game in 8.

We've scored 4 in 4 games - exactly 1 goal a game (not just an average - we haven't been shut out)

We've conceded 13 in those same 4 games.

We're 4 goals from 137 shots. We're scoring less than 3% of the shots we take.

Those numbers tell the story of the end of our season.

I watched last night's game through my hands. We took a first period lead but managed 19 shots on Trevor Koenig all night. 19 shots on goal in a must win game. Thats absolutely pathetic. We're not missing Eichel and McDavid here - it's Scott Pitt and Matt Keith. The guys we have should be able to put up more of a fight. We've still got so called offensive options in Leavitt, Brooks and Meyer. We've got a fully fit D. Manchester were shorter than we were both nights and beat us in 2 successive games.

No excuses. We're a piss poor hockey team and have been at various parts of the season. It was clear back in October that this D was going to let us down and that we lacked any kind of physicality or plan B going forward. We couldn't cope with injuries to 2 players.

Its unacceptable. A massive rebuild is needed this summer. The guys we have at the club don't have the heart or the testicles to fight for the wins. The coach can't drag improvements out of them. A full scale change is needed.

I expect both Meyer and Keith to retire, or at least to return home.

Both have become fathers this year. Expecting your wife to raise a newborn in a country where she doesnt have her family as a support network whilst you play hockey? Thats a huge ask.

I don't think its any different to a foreign footballers wife raising a child here, whilst they play football. They may actually have it "worse" as English isn't their first language in many cases.

Is Jackman not at the stage where he will be looking to retire as well?

I'm not best placed to comment but the impression I get is that there will be wholesale changes regardless of how the rest of the season goes.

Getting Ben Davies tied up should be a priority. Clarkson at Dundee is someone is like to see at the Clan.

. Clarkson at Dundee is someone is like to see at the Clan.

:blink:

I genuinely dont know a Dundee fan in real life or anywhere on social media who wouldn't drive him through for you. He is utter shite.

Gets thrown on his arse every game, never finishes a check, skates like he is towing a caravan and even if you just look at the numbers is miles down the scoring charts.

Started the season scoring but the whole first line have been garbage since November.

Third line forwards of Faryna, Lidhammar and Switzer put them to shame.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Clarkson on form is a decent player. Clarkson off form is a passenger. He either dominates a game with his physical play or he's posted missing. There's nothing in between.

There are guys I'd take from Dundee. Moore and Lidhammer would be nice. As would Sacchetti from Fife.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Clarkson on form is a decent player. Clarkson off form is a passenger. He either dominates a game with his physical play or he's posted missing. There's nothing in between.

There are guys I'd take from Dundee. Moore and Lidhammer would be nice. As would Sacchetti from Fife.

Moore is a fantastic player. Lidhammer is too but he should get a few more points. For a third line grinder his points return would usually be great but when you see what switzer and faryna have managed on same line it doesn't look as good.

From other teams in Scotland my top 3 would be sachetti and brown from fife and gerling from caps.

Tough games for us this weekend with Belfast and Nottingham coming to town. I suppose defeat wouldn't meant much, we're all but concentrated on the conference now it seems.

Pitt and Keith both expected to return from injury tonight.