Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Braehead v Fife is good. Means the Scottish blocks can have someone to boo in Nottingham.

Swithering between watching the Fife game tonight, holding out a wee bit of hope they can spoil the party and set us up v Clan or heading up to see Tigers v Pirates in the SNL playoffs.

Yeah. Little old Clan finishing level on points with Fife.

We won't ever see an achievement like it in sports again.

Considering how dire the results were in Feb, this looked very unlikely, so its worth celebrating. Saying that, the league will always be the holy grail Edited by Thereisalight..

The difference is for us this season was still a disappointment overall. The Fifers would have been ridiculously happy had they done what we did, because let's face it their ceiling is a lot lower than ours.

Now we just have to pump them in the playoffs...

Can't say that the conference win excites me. It's the minimum that the Clan should be achieving given the difference in resources in the conference. It's a means to an end and gives us seeding for post season. I'm not a fan of our play-off system but that's another issue.

What is crystal clear is that this season the Clan were a 2 man team. We saw what happened to results when Keith and Pitt were missing through injury. The other players didn't step up when needed. Its decision time for the club in terms of Finnerty's future and the future of the players. Keith is likely to retire. Meyer too, although this season was a major disappointment from him. Other than Pitt, do any of the import forwards deserve to come back? Same with the D - McIver was solid after a shaky September but who else could justify their season?

The mess we made of the Cownie situation, the Bruton situation and the way we allowed things to play out on social media certainly took a degree of professionalism away from the club and fell short of the required standards.

I really can't wait til the off season. This year has been a turd of a season. Terrible to watch and at times its felt like we were not performing because the emphasis from the imports was always that we'd do enough to reach post season anyway. If we're not turning up and competing - and I don't expect us to win every game - then we're being short changed as supporters.

I have a feeling that I'll start off wanting Fife to lose as old habits die hard, but with every airing of "Who let the dogs out?" or "Put your hands up in the air" I'll support Braehead less and less.

If Clangus is around, just watch his dancing every time they play the dire songs, it eases the pain

Also, plans for our new arena are coming along nicely by the looks of things. 8000 seats, very ambitious.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/braehead_clan/14381880.Chalmers_excited_by_future_as_pictures_emerge_of_new_arena/

this had went a bit quiet for a while. 8000 is very ambitious, one thing I love about going to the hockey is its always rammed. I hope we could build up to it being full, it would be a bit shit if crowds levelled about 4000 in a big arena.