Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

The Clan lost 4-3 away to Newcastle last night. Next home game is on Saturday against the Hull Stingrays, and with no football you'll need something to do. :P

Im very tempted, tho iv just paid for scotland v spain and clan v Panthers match so im very much skint, i want it to.

Sounded like a very good match last night, but i feel they should be beating team like NEwcastle, who are no where near as good as they were a couple of seasons ago.

Clan won 6-2 tonight, pretty good game and a good result.

Nottingham at home on Wednesday.

I went to this game, first time I've been in years, pretty much first time since the move to Braehead with the exception of two games.

I forgot just how much I enjoyed it. I asked two of my mates to go, who were into no sport whatsoever and they both loved it. I've really missed the hockey. I'll hopefully be back on Wednesday for it.

I took the wife and kids, 16 & 10, to both the opening home games for the Clan.

First time for the wee man and he loved it. I hope this is supported locally so we keep the team.

People need to get the blinkers off and try something new.

It also relieves the boredom of watching the Saints get hupmed every week :P

The Clan have started really well, not too suprising as they have some real financial backing. As usual the Caps will muddle their way through the start of the season, pick up in the middle after flirting with bankrupcy, finsh strongly but still exit the playoffs at the first hurdle.

Still love it though!

I took the wife and kids, 16 & 10, to both the opening home games for the Clan.

First time for the wee man and he loved it. I hope this is supported locally so we keep the team.

People need to get the blinkers off and try something new.

It also relieves the boredom of watching the Saints get hupmed every week :P

I agree with you. I paid 11 quid (13 quid for adult) for a good seat at one of the corners with a great view of the goal nearby. Compare that 13 quid with the 20 quid adults pay into most SPL games, and you notice just how much of a joke the SPL prices are. Sh*te quality football matches or good quality ice hockey with a bit of fighting mixed in - I know what one I'd rather pick.

I'd been to see the Eagles a few times at the Centrum and Braehead, preferred the Centrum to be honest, but at worst, if you don't enjoy the game its a decent excuse to have a bevvy. Personally I hope the Clan get as much local support as possible, but I kinda get the feeling they'll end up going bust in about 5 years.

Can you bet at the games by the way?

Decided to rename the thread to make it more all encompassing since not everything being posted will be about the Clan.

Looking forward to the game tonight, won't be as easy as Saturday was but there's a lot of negativity about Nottingham right now amongst their fans and I think we'll get a win.

Who's all going?

Edited by Zanetti

Decided to rename the thread to make it more all encompassing since not everything being posted will be about the Clan.

Looking forward to the game tonight, won't be as easy as Saturday was but there's a lot of negativity about Nottingham right now amongst their fans and I think we'll get a win.

Who's all going?

I'm going :D

I went last night, got a great seat right next to the away sinbin on the front row. Quite enjoyed the match but felt the atmosphere was lacking a little, not sure what they could do to improve it, maybe weekend games are better as people are more inclined to take a drink :)

Will definitely be back at some point.

I didn't think we played too well last night, although Nottingham did play much better than Hull. I was unhappy with the refereeing though, lots of off-puck cheating by the Panthers including that cheap shot at the end of the second period and the check from behind on Richardson, along with not allowing any fights to flow. Also, the fact that Nottingham knocked the net off about five or six times and kept getting away with it didn't help. That being said, a bad second period let us down, and now we've just got to focus on a tough game at the weekend away to the high flying Sheffield Steelers.

I didn't think we played too well last night, although Nottingham did play much better than Hull. I was unhappy with the refereeing though, lots of off-puck cheating by the Panthers including that cheap shot at the end of the second period and the check from behind on Richardson, along with not allowing any fights to flow. Also, the fact that Nottingham knocked the net off about five or six times and kept getting away with it didn't help. That being said, a bad second period let us down, and now we've just got to focus on a tough game at the weekend away to the high flying Sheffield Steelers.

Thought our passing and general lack of concentration played a big part in the loss last night, The ref also made it hard, missing some silly decisions, but Nottingham pressured us and played well to get the result they wanted.

First game and still enjoyed it, and a Clan Jersey for £40 what a bargain, was it some sort of cut price deal?

Poor result against Nottingham midweek, didn't play too well especially in the second period and the Panthers got the win they deserved, but an absolutely fantastic result today in Sheffield with a 4-0 shutout. Gutted I couldn't be there but that is a tremendous score.

Can't wait for the games next weekend now, Dundee at home on the Friday then Edinburgh away on the Sunday. Mon the Clan!

So. This Sunday. The BIG one.

Yes, I'm talking about Edinburgh v Braehead for the first ever time. Of course, Braehead will be red hot favourites but the Caps have showed recently that we're no pushovers. The Vipers gooned it up yesterday, and we let them while we helped ourselves to five PowerPlay goals and a 6-1 victory.

This promises to be a good one.

We've got to deal with Dundee first on Friday, though! :P Remember the Clan vs Stars game is live on Sky Sports 2 as well. Would be a bad idea to take Dundee lightly, especially since they've brought in this new goalie. Think we should get the points but it'd be a bad idea to expect to win by 4 or 5.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the Edinburgh game more though. I was impressed by the Caps' result against against Newcastle, but I think it seems pretty clear that the best way to prevent a repeat result like that is to try and take as few penalties as possible. Hopefully be a cracking atmosphere too.

Edited by Zanetti

I agree with you. I paid 11 quid (13 quid for adult) for a good seat at one of the corners with a great view of the goal nearby. Compare that 13 quid with the 20 quid adults pay into most SPL games, and you notice just how much of a joke the SPL prices are. Sh*te quality football matches or good quality ice hockey with a bit of fighting mixed in - I know what one I'd rather pick.

Really? I find this really strange for a supporter to be honest.

In what way do you find it strange?

I'm not having a go, but what I find strange is that you would rather go and watch a team that you don't (yet) support, than one which presumably you have been going to see for a number of years.

Also, from what I've seen and from what I know about the Elite League, I wouldn't have said that, comparatively, it represents a better standard of ice hockey than the standard of football in the SPL. Scotland narrowly lost to Spain last week, fielding a team, not made up mostly of SPL players, but players basically of SPL standard. On the other hand, an Elite League side were beaten 5-1 recently by the Boston Bruins, not even one of the best sides in the NHL.

I'm not having a go, but what I find strange is that you would rather go and watch a team that you don't (yet) support, than one which presumably you have been going to see for a number of years.

Also, from what I've seen and from what I know about the Elite League, I wouldn't have said that, comparatively, it represents a better standard of ice hockey than the standard of football in the SPL. Scotland narrowly lost to Spain last week, fielding a team, not made up mostly of SPL players, but players basically of SPL standard. On the other hand, an Elite League side were beaten 5-1 recently by the Boston Bruins, not even one of the best sides in the NHL.

They got beat in the conference semi-final last year, but the eventual beaten finalists.

They also won the Eastern Conference the season before, so they're not that bad.