Best Android Apps

Had another play with Tasker tonight. Looks a bit better than last time I looked at it, I like the menu option that I don't remember from before.

It can't control gps in 2.3 maybe that's why it does it itself.

Edited to add - just realised that I have a different rail planner. I use Rail Planner Live. It's the official national rail enquiries one

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had another play with Tasker tonight. Looks a bit better than last time I looked at it, I like the menu option that I don't remember from before.

It can't control gps in 2.3 maybe that's why it does it itself.

Edited to add - just realised that I have a different rail planner. I use Rail Planner Live. It's the official national rail enquiries one

Yeah the UI is much better in the new tasker. I like it.

Rail planner live eh? Might give that a go...traintimesuk is really good but it doesnt seem to give the platform number any more for some reason...

Rail planner live eh? Might give that a go...traintimesuk is really good but it doesnt seem to give the platform number any more for some reason...

Traintimes uk was removed from the market and the developer switched to the paid rail planner live from memory.

So, I set up a few profiles in Tasker last night. An audio menu, like you, one to switch off Automatic Brightness when I launch the Kindle app and one to switch wifi on when in range of my home SSID. The first two seem to work fine, but I got to work, checked the phone and wifi is still on, despite the profile not being active.

This is my biggest problem with it, its so hard to get things set up and working how you want.

where is the best place to find apps?

The market app on your phone or on the web

Appbrain is also worth looking at

It would be fine if you could move it to the SD card but you cant :(

I "uninstalled updates" on it and it's reduced the file size dramatically, i've not noticed a difference at all yet....so go for that mate

I "uninstalled updates" on it and it's reduced the file size dramatically, i've not noticed a difference at all yet....so go for that mate

Just done the same, as MattBairn says, the inability to switch to SD is stupid.

Edit: or I thought I had, seems the whole thing has uninstalled, f**k Adobe.

Archived