Best Android Apps

So, I set up a few profiles in Tasker last night. An audio menu, like you, one to switch off Automatic Brightness when I launch the Kindle app and one to switch wifi on when in range of my home SSID. The first two seem to work fine, but I got to work, checked the phone and wifi is still on, despite the profile not being active.

This is my biggest problem with it, its so hard to get things set up and working how you want.

Another Tasker fail. The auto brightness profile that I had set up seemed to work ok. Except when I went to adjust the brightness in the Kindle app, it wouldnt work. No matter where I put the slider the brightness was the same.

Ive given up on it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a search through the thread but nothing mentioned since the thread was bumped from the end of last year. What app do folk use for live football scores?

I use FotMob seems to do the job

What i use alot more is the st Johnstone App (just search for St Johnstone) its basically a collection of quick links to BBC, sky etc but is good as it links straight to the live comentry text

Voice Actions and Vlingo are similar to the ibricks SIRI if anyone likes that sort of thing.

Tried Vlingo and wasnt that impressed. Havent tried Voice Actions, but I do have Speaktoit, which I really like. The number of commands is a little limited, but you can do the basics - send a text, email, update your twitter or FB status, search maps google etc, launch apps - and the developers say theyre updating with more commands.

Just got a htc wildfire s yesterday,good little phone though battery isn't that good. Cant find BBCiplayer on the msrket thing,magybe I cant get it for my phone? Edit;Are there any good twitter apps for wildfire s?

Just got a htc wildfire s yesterday,good little phone though battery isn't that good. Cant find BBCiplayer on the msrket thing,magybe I cant get it for my phone? Edit;Are there any good twitter apps for wildfire s?

Wildfire wont do i-player as doesnt have full flash, HOWEVER, search online for an old version of myplayer, 0.99b and sorted 8)

I like Tweetcaster for twitter. If you have facebook too, check out Seesmic which will let you check and update both from the same app

Had a search through the thread but nothing mentioned since the thread was bumped from the end of last year. What app do folk use for live football scores?

I'm still using the BBC bookmarked in my browser. Would be great if an Android version of the Sky Sports score centre becomes available.

Archived