Gambling forum quick questions thread

If you ask here on what exactly you want to know and I will help as much as I can. I think you will find that most websites will be hoping you sign up to a gambling site through them so they can make commission.

The pinned thread Gambling University will have plenty of advice for novices if you want to read through that.

Hey, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this as its gonna but me for the whole season....

Basicly I placed a bet on rangers to win the league at my local William hill and the boy behind the till marked the price as 10/1 instead of 1/10 and then placed the bet. I have the price as 10/1 on my slip so the question is really will I get the 10/1 price he wrote down?

Edited by watp1873

Hey, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this as its gonna but me for the whole season....

Basicly I placed a bet on rangers to win the league at my local William hill and the boy behind the till marked the price as 10/1 instead of 1/10 and then placed the bet. I have the price as 10/1 on my slip so the question is really will I get the 10/1 price he wrote down?

Basically you will not get the 10/1. When the bet is translated (i.e processed through the computerised system) the person in the shop will open the market up and select the odds at the time it was placed. Your only hope would be if Rangers were ever at 10/1 that could be selected, but as that isn't the case they will state that a palpable error occurred and pay out at the actual odds.

Wasn't sure where to put this. Just noticed I had an unsettled accumulator bet on the winners of 7 of the World Cup qualifying groups. 5 of them are basically secured barring a collapse from the top team, but I've got Greece to win Group G (equal points with Bosnia at the top) and England to win Group H (top by 1 point). I'd win £85 if they both win their groups but looking at the last fixtures I think Bosnia will win their group so not sure the best way to cover it? Think I'll need to wait til after the penultimate game so I know the exact situation before maybe covering it?

I did my coupon earlier in the week and took Montrose to beat Queen's Park on Saturday. The game isn't on now. What will happen? Game void or will they (Skybet) just wait until the game is played?

I did my coupon earlier in the week and took Montrose to beat Queen's Park on Saturday. The game isn't on now. What will happen? Game void or will they (Skybet) just wait until the game is played?

Game void - rest of the coupon will still stand obviously.

Since Bosnia will almost definitely win their group and scupper my bet, I'll stick £60 on them at 4/11 (best price I can find) to make £20ish of it. Then if somehow Greece win their group I can put £20 on Ukraine to win their group at 3/1 so I get £80 back no matter if England or Ukraine win it so won't lose anything.

What I used to do and I have done it hundreds of times was lay my bets on Betfair. So put 300 on united in the bookie and then lay United for 300 on betfair at the same price. you will either get the money into your betfair account or you will have met your betting requirments to withdraw.

This requires £300 of disposable income though.

I was on et365 earlier. the game started around 10 this morning. The names of the team escape me just now.

anyway the away team were 0-3 up at h/t.

Home was 10/1......Draw 5/1........ away 2/5 = h/t

Home was 6/1 ....... Draw 11/4..... away 4/5 after 55 minutes 2-3 was score. thats fine...

However 2 minutes later (61 mins):

home 10/1......draw 4/1........ away 1/4 ........score 2-3

3 minutes later (64 minutes)

home 4/1 draw 5/2 away 8/13

how can it vary so much in 6 minutes?/

Any ideas lads

Indonesian PL:

PSLS v Bontang.

It ended up 3-4.

For the times 55-74 minutes it swang like that every 3/4 minutes.

M mate had put the away team on at h/t and was watching it on way to work.

Both blackberry phones were showing same odds. was so weird cos potentially there was money to be made.

I dare say the odds would also be reflecting where the ball was in play, especially if one team had a set piece. In play bets on tennis can have wild swings even still on serve.

A few years back I put £200 on Alloa to win the 3rd Division and rolled over my free £200 (Bet365) six times by backing a 1st goalscorer who was suspended. The bets were void and it counted towards releasing the money.

I'm sure someone on here recommended it.

Hi guys. Don't know if anyone has been into a Ladbrokes shop recently. In some of their stores they've installed these new touch screen machines for betting on the horses, footy etc. Was just wondering 2 things:

1) Can I put my odds on card into the machine, into the card reader? Or is that just for reading credit and debit cards?

2) Is the barcode reader for placing winning slips in and just receiving the cash out, or do you have to go to the till still if you win?

Cheers