Gambling forum quick questions thread

Has anyone won the first goal scorer double, treble odds on betfred. I had 20 quid on Kris Commons on Friday night and only got paid out on the 7/2 yet it should have trebled the odds. Ive emailed them.but had no reply does anyone know if it takes a couple days?

Has anyone won the first goal scorer double, treble odds on betfred. I had 20 quid on Kris Commons on Friday night and only got paid out on the 7/2 yet it should have trebled the odds. Ive emailed them.but had no reply does anyone know if it takes a couple days?

It is only for select televised games, not every game is included in the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used www.10bet.co.uk? I'm looking for a different site to bet on mainly tennis and foreign football. I have accounts with the usual sites but am starting to get limited on these. Just looking for info on withdrawing, general odds etc if anyone uses them

• 3 weeks later...

When do bookies usually start offering antepost prices for leagues next season? I know most are offering odds on English prem already, but I'm interest in Championship, League 1 and 2 for both England and Scotland.

All of the English leagues are priced up already. Have a look on oddschecker

• 3 weeks later...

If people have a good record of making profit from those teams or leagues then I wouldn't mind taking their advice. That blue239874 guy must be worth a few bob and all he does is gamble. Probably wouldn't hurt to do as he does!

Hmmm.

While I have no doubt that almost everything he has said on here is not only very interesting and,more importantly,true,I have serious doubts as to whether anyone on here can make a profit from betting simply from following the advice.

The same goes for any gambling book that I'm aware of.

At the very best a losing gambler may lose less as a result of reading successful bettors posts/books.

Now,of course talk is cheap so if anyone on here can prove me wrong I will be very interested to hear about it.

Hmmm.

While I have no doubt that almost everything he has said on here is not only very interesting and,more importantly,true,I have serious doubts as to whether anyone on here can make a profit from betting simply from following the advice.

The same goes for any gambling book that I'm aware of.

At the very best a losing gambler may lose less as a result of reading successful bettors posts/books.

Now,of course talk is cheap so if anyone on here can prove me wrong I will be very interested to hear about it.

I've spent years looking for a coverall maths formula, the books and white papers don't really tell you much in that respect,for example they certainly don't explain why HOME teams with a WWD record win a higher % of games compared to a team who've went WWW.

Poisson as portrayed in books is a big huge red herring, every book or expert will tell you that poisson under estimates the draw, not true, it under estimates some and it over estimates others, it just under estimates more.

It might be different with an all singing and dancing stats program but it's not as easy as I thought it would be, I must have done my 10000 hours by now.

Mind you I think I'm seeking perfection when it doesn't exist across all leagues.

Edited by ayrmad

• 2 weeks later...