3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think that type of mention is that bad. Probably done it myself once or twice.

I see folk randomly tagging a player with "How you doin pal?" or "good luck tomorrow" and then 30 players tagged.  That makes me cringe.

I remember a guy I was in college with was a big Rangers fan and on occasion tweeted one of the players - think it was, at that time one of the younger ones who never broke through, Andy Little or Ross Perry or someone.   He tweeted him something like 'Did you drive past George Square earlier?  If you did you have a cracking motor'.  Why would you tweet that?!

2 hours ago, RiG said:

It's not that bad really and for some they end up striking up a good relationship with a player and get free tickets off them for games :lol:

I might be in the minority, but I don't want to meet the players, far less become pals with them.  They must get sick of some of the regular creeps who constantly bombard them as well.

Comedienne.....and I use the term loosely, Janey Godley (famous for standing on a bit of grass holding a sign) has had an absolute 'mare today. Tweeting Primark to advise against selling their baseball caps with '***' on them up here as...to quote her

"It's an insulting word for anyone not a catholic, mainly protestants based on football steeped bigotry"

When called out on her outrageously wrong definition & generally being a thick, ignorant bint she spat the dummy out by inviting everyone to have a nice weekend and going on a blocking spree  :lol:

A few months ago a Tory student posted a picture of her with her best friend, who voted Labour. A lot of people took the piss out them, some people sent her abuse for being a Tory etc. One of the things that accelerated this was when Owen Jones tweeting a piss take to his thousands of followers. At the time he was criticised for doing this, with some people saying that he was setting his followers on the student. As always with Owen Jones, he claimed victimhood when some people who criticised him abused him.

Fast forward a few months and Owen Jones has tweeted about the death of his father. Lots of people tweeted him offering condolences, including the student at the centre of the above controversy. This was OJs response

IMG_0505.jpg

Abuse in Twitter is a serious issue but there are lots of people who use it to distract from their own behaviour or from the weakness of their argument, to change the story. Jones was certainly more guilty of what he accuses the student of but happily throws it back at her.

Twitter has done many things but one impact has been taking people who would’ve seemed authoritative voices 20 years ago and revealing what petty, self absorbed children they are.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Been there done that unfortunately.

I'd have slipped a forefinger down and wiped my nose to try and cover it up, which would have looked a lot worse. My sympathies Senator Hatch.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Been there done that unfortunately.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have slipped a forefinger down and wiped my nose to try and cover it up, which would have looked a lot worse. My sympathies Senator Hatch.

Aye done all this tae

That "former footballer Paul Gascoigne has arrived at the scene saying he is a friend of Raoul Moat" still gets retweeted onto my timeline now and then. Peak Gascoigne. 

That "former footballer Paul Gascoigne has arrived at the scene saying he is a friend of Raoul Moat" still gets retweeted onto my timeline now and then. Peak Gascoigne. 

He’s recently joined twitter and keeps popping up on my timeline tweeting utter shite jokes but folk are loving them. It’s getting nippy.

18 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

He’s recently joined twitter and keeps popping up on my timeline tweeting utter shite jokes but folk are loving them. It’s getting nippy.

Aye I've seen those, pretty awful patter as expected. 

Girl who was just sacked from my work has posted about it.  Don't know her but according to her tweet she left sick one day and then got spotted in the pub.  Anyway she wasn't really saying anything bad but someone advised her not to talk about this/getting sacked and she went back with quite a cheeky comment about how her twitter alias is not her real name.

Of course someone was able to find her on google and has now given her name, our business name and the department she worked in.  7000 retweets currently.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Girl who was just sacked from my work has posted about it.  Don't know her but according to her tweet she left sick one day and then got spotted in the pub.  Anyway she wasn't really saying anything bad but someone advised her not to talk about this/getting sacked and she went back with quite a cheeky comment about how her twitter alias is not her real name.

Of course someone was able to find her on google and has now given her name, our business name and the department she worked in.  7000 retweets currently.

It was you, wasn't it.

22 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Anyone with any sense would keep their twitter private. Yes, you miss out on the millions and millions of retweets that you deserve when you crack a great one liner, but it also means you can make all the moronic comments in the world with a relatively decent level of protection. It also makes it much easier to narrow down whoever dobs you in, which saves a lot of time and effort when you get them bumped off.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

The right thing to do would be to link to said tweet....