The Twitter doing it right. [emoji122][emoji24]

"Scottish tory 6 chip twat"

"Another lying Tory coward"

And finally

"#w****r"

Make up my own personal top 3, but its stiff competition and a really solid effort by all concerned. The first couple of replies hopefully received the same.

ETA "Nathan Long" getting rinsed in his reply is also nice.

This is possibly the single worst tweet of all time 

This reminds me of when my wee cousin took the proverb “what’s for you won’t go by you”, made it more laborious with something like “aw I honestly believe that you just have to like let things happen and trust that it will work out as it’s meant to be” and got like 20000 retweets. Been doing Twitter wrong for over a decade.

I don't know anything about this particular case, but it raises an interesting point.

If a person looks nothing like the picture on their ID, and appears to be a different gender, how should this be handled?

How are trangender people and their photo IDs handled in other circumstances, boarding planes, for example?

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know anything about this particular case, but it raises an interesting point.

If a person looks nothing like the picture on their ID, how should this be handled?

I'd be astonished if the manager is not found to be a raging *** bigot.

You can tell if it's the same person by looking at their eyes and shape of face. I also guess the same ID has worked for her elsewhere.
Also it's a shitey pub she is trying to get into, not Faslane.

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I'd be astonished if the manager is not found to be a raging *** bigot.

You can tell if it's the same person by looking at their eyes and shape of face. I also guess the same ID has worked for her elsewhere.
Also it's a shitey pub she is trying to get into, not Faslane.

"Shitey pub" or not, if the barman is asking for ID he's obviously concerned that the person might be underage.

Being personally liable if they serve someone underage, it's important that they get it right, and also that they are not guilt tripped into just accepting the person is who they say they are if they genuinely cannot tell.

Without seeing pictures of this example, it's impossible to pass judgement.

The pictures below are of the same person. If the person on the left presented ID with a picture of the person on the right on it (or vice versa), there is no way you could confidently positively ID them.

How should that situation be handled without offending anyone, but also without just accepting that the person is who they say they are, as that isn't right either.

resize.jpeg

That's a tough one,  obviously if the bar staff get it wrong with IDs they can be heavily fined/sacked but a little bit of common sense goes a long way. I've feeling that spoons could have easily handled it a lot more sensitively and less Arseholeish. 

Safest option in my experience is to go to lgbt friendly bars. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

That's a tough one,  obviously if the bar staff get it wrong with IDs they can be heavily fined/sacked but a little bit of common sense goes a long way. I've feeling that spoons could have easily handled it a lot more sensitively and less Arseholeish. 

Safest option in my experience is to go to lgbt friendly bars. 

I am in no way defending a Spoons pub here but the general public are fucking idiots. Especially ones who go on facebook ranting about experiences they don't even appear to have been a part of.

Still it's a tough one for the bar staff and I don't think it's as easy to identify someone as was suggested a few posts back.

(f**k Wetherspoons.)