Just now, Rugster said:

You obviously know a lot more about his condition than I do, so I’ll let you be the expert on this one. 

Well I know a fair bit about Depression because I've suffered with it on and off my entire life. I know a fair bit about institutionalisation because I've been in and out of psychiatric wards. I know a fair bit about mental health in general, including stigmatisation, self-stigmatisation, general public ignorance on the topic, how misconceptions and misapprehensions about mental health conditions arise, because I work in Mental Health Advocacy, and I think I'm on firm ground when I say that being depressed is not an excuse for acting questionably with people less than half your age on dating apps, presumably without the knowledge of your spouse, and I'm also fairly certain that claiming a mental health crisis is also a common tactic of toxic and abusive people when they are finally confronted over their own appalling behaviours.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Well I know a fair bit about Depression because I've suffered with it on and off my entire life. I know a fair bit about institutionalisation because I've been in and out of psychiatric wards. I know a fair bit about mental health in general, including stigmatisation, self-stigmatisation, general public ignorance on the topic, how misconceptions and misapprehensions about mental health conditions arise, because I work in Mental Health Advocacy, and I think I'm on firm ground when I say that being depressed is not an excuse for acting questionably with people less than half your age on dating apps, presumably without the knowledge of your spouse, and I'm also fairly certain that claiming a mental health crisis is also a common tactic of toxic and abusive people when they are finally confronted over their own appalling behaviours.

Exactly, as I said, you obviously know a lot more about it than I do. And I don’t recall saying anywhere it was an excuse for anything. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Exactly, as I said, you obviously know a lot more about it than I do. And I don’t recall saying anywhere it was an excuse for anything. 

Fair enough. I often miss context, I'll put my hand up to that.

I'm sure it's coming across though that yet again, I'm seriously fucking angry that 'mental health' is carrying the can for fucking awful toxic behaviour.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He has, which is a credit to him. It's just sickening that once again someone behaving questionably is going to be forever linked with 'mental health issues' rather than what this is, i.e. his mental health has caved in because he's finally been pulled up about his own behaviours.

Nonsense post I'm afraid. Mental health sufferers is not an identity, he has no need to consider how his actions effect other sufferers. How would you expect someone with a history of MH issues to react when public accusations led people to (falsely, considering the police's current position) believe you were a perpetrator of child sexual abuse, and the silver lining when this is shown to be false is that you are outed as gay, and mean to someone on a dating app. 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Fair enough. I often miss context, I'll put my hand up to that.

I'm sure it's coming across though that yet again, I'm seriously fucking angry that 'mental health' is carrying the can for fucking awful toxic behaviour.

He's not using the mental health card in that way though.

He's had a week of high profile media intrusion, which of you have depression and the extensive insight you claim. Could well have created a situation where the guys had a horrendous, life threatening relapse. 

Nothing been said about excusing the behaviour. And I'm the first to go nuts about that shite.