32 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The 'Following' feed cuts out most of the worst stuff from the 'For You' option, but I find it just seems to pick one person I follow and show me 30 things in a row they've reposted. I still use it for following certain stuff but it's basically just a massive engagement farm now.

Unfortunately my 'Following' feed includes a great many Alba fandans.

You can imagine the rest.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You used to be able to check twitter feeds without an account and getting loads of shite thrown at you, but now they deliberately jumble up the timelines so it's impossible. Elon Musk is such a c**t.

It also used to be handy for contacting businesses via PM - often resulting in a quick and straightforward reply - you need to pay for the privilege now.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You used to be able to check twitter feeds without an account and getting loads of shite thrown at you, but now they deliberately jumble up the timelines so it's impossible. Elon Musk is such a c**t.

One of the last remaining nitter instances will be yer new best pal

19 hours ago, thomas said:

Think mine has got worse since I started blocking people like Farage and Robinson, I'm assuming because you have to go into their profiles to block them it counts that as me being interested in them.

You don't even need to click on their profile, simply skimming past their post, forced onto your "For You" page, is enough to count as you viewing it.

Obviously the more the force on you, the more the algorithm thinks you're viewing that stuff, and it spirals.

I had an absolute f**king purge of my "For you" page and must've blocked about 100 accounts over a day. It was fine for a few hours then suddenly my feed was full of it again for no reason. It's just bollocks really.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was there no jewellers, electrical or other high value shops to loot? I'd be very tempted to join in if they were. But I'll be f**ked if I'm doing 6 months for pillaging Show Zone, Lush and Greggs.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was there no jewellers, electrical or other high value shops to loot? I'd be very tempted to join in if they were. But I'll be f**ked if I'm doing 6 months for pillaging Show Zone, Lush and Greggs.

I don't think that Hull is that type of town.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't think that Hull is that type of town.

They must have something.

In fact, I checked, you might be right, but I still think the discerning looter could do better. There's a Beaverbrooks and a Perfume shop, that would be my Christmas shopping done.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I only watched the first minute and a half but think I got the gist of it. I noticed the sign saying Sandy Row. I once stayed in a hotel across the road from the entrance to the estate where there was a huge mural saying 'Welcome To Loyalist Sandy Row' - I assume it hasn't changed much.

30 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I only watched the first minute and a half but think I got the gist of it. I noticed the sign saying Sandy Row. I once stayed in a hotel across the road from the entrance to the estate where there was a huge mural saying 'Welcome To Loyalist Sandy Row' - I assume it hasn't changed much.

I watched the whole thing.

He somehow gets thicker and more racist as it goes on