3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is the guy who tweeted that making some sort of joke? I just see an absolute cringe fest of a tweet that has reeled a lot of people in.

Of course he is. It’s clearly a pastiche of Twitter and Mumsnet morons who make up tall tales and post them on the internet.

On 26/02/2022 at 09:22, Thorongil said:

It really annoys me how many people on these things don’t get the joke and post “DHOTYA” and “sure mate”.

how naive or dense do you need to be?

its a minefield out there.

He believes he is being inventive by using the "round of applause as we left" trope but that has now been used to death for perhaps a year to poke fun at those that genuinely appear as DHOTYA candidates. At the same time there are still posts in all seriousness re kids aged 3 coming out with some world weary sage advice for their proud "moms" to refer to as evidence of their superb parenting (which just happens to conform to their political/religious etc leanings) - these folks are completely unaware of how these tweets are routinely viewed by many now. And the "genuine" ones as well as the ones done for mocking value, all end up on DHOYTA. 

Then to complicate things your boy Carl posts this in one of his follow-up comments as a joke on the gender identity of his real or fictitious son:

This, in terms of self-awareness and how some others perceive it or cringe at it, isn't that far away from your mom making up a life-affirming statement that her kid said. 

Suppose we all live in our social media bubbles. 

Edited by KingRocketman II
spelling

Anyone else have a problem when clicking on twitter links? It says "no app found to handle action"

I have the Twitter app on my phone though and links on here had always worked until the last few weeks.
Been the same for me for a few months now.