1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I've not been looking at this in detail, I thought this was about her talking about "spazzies" or something similar from 2009 or something. This is much worse. Outstanding. Get her binned and out of the public consciousness immediately. 

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm looking forward to the first time a public figure is cancelled due to their posts on P&B.

I think the best we're going to get is one of 3-4 suspects phoning up Bobby's work and trying to get him sacked for mild ribbing.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

People who grew up with the internet as kids definitely have their brain wired differently to us 20th century minds.

I can remember going to football games where we would just get a train to the town and wander about looking for the ground.  You'd keep an eye out for floodlights or just follow people wearing scarves etc.

I'm going to make a boomer-esque meme for Facebook about it.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Im not entirely sure but it appears to be a Ukraine player (with hair) wearing a bald cap. 

Why? f**k knows. 

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Am I the only person that pre blocked that talentless waste of skin?

That's not fair, he can play the piano.

I don't think that's specific to younger generations either. I see it in my work with older guys, a guy in his 50's called us one day saying his satnav wasn't working and we would need to delay a job whilst he went to buy another one. He was swiftly told to use a map and get there on time, much to his disgust. People are just lazy c***s, it's not specific to any generation. 

Edited by The Moonster

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

People who grew up with the internet as kids definitely have their brain wired differently to us 20th century minds.

Me and my mate Kevin got a ferry from Estonia to Helsinki.  We got off and realised we had to walk into the nearest bank to find out what currency they used.

Simpler times.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think that's specific to younger generations either. I see it in my work with older guys, a guy in his 50's called us one day saying his satnav wasn't working and we would need to delay a job whilst he went to buy another one. He was swiftly told to use a map and get there on time, much to his disgust. People are just lazy c***s, it's not specific to any generation. 

The difference is with this generation they don't seem to be able to comprehend anything that happened before their era. As kids we were exposed to older media because you watched the one telly in the house or actually chatted to your older relatives. The chances of a 9 year old watching a 50 year old movie now are basically zero but back in the day that's what would happen if you were at your grans and it was raining.

I used to love playing cards with my grandpa when i was a kid and it was probably very similar to what he did at the same age. Screens are so dominant now that's it's a totally different experience mediated by big tech algorithms rather than based around communicating with your family.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Godley forced to make another apology for her tweets 

I genuinely don’t understand how her and her daughter manage to get so much publicity.

Because a lot of people disproportionately hate them. I've never found her remotely funny either but jings, many people are unhinged about her.

The fact she has turned out to be a wrong 'un doesn't provide a backwards justification for it.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Because a lot of people disproportionately hate them. I've never found her remotely funny either but jings, many people are unhinged about her.

The fact she has turned out to be a wrong 'un doesn't provide a backwards justification for it.

I don’t hate them

But I feel like the BBC have been giving them a ridiculous amount of coverage over the years, which to me doesn’t seem justified 

I've been visiting my Mum this afternoon and she's had STV on since 1.30. The Godley advert was on twice within half an hour but hasn't been on since 2pm, indeed a different "spike" advert featuring a man has been on a couple of times since then.

Hopefully her advert has literally been cancelled.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've been visiting my Mum this afternoon and she's had STV on since 1.30. The Godley advert was on twice within half an hour but hasn't been on since 2pm, indeed a different "spike" advert featuring a man has been on a couple of times since then.

Hopefully her advert has literally been cancelled.

Apparently she was paid £12K for it, so unless she needs to give it back I doubt she will give a f**k if it’s been cancelled or not 

Edited by Clown Job

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I don’t hate them

But I feel like the BBC have been giving them a ridiculous amount of coverage over the years, which to me doesn’t seem justified 

I wasn't suggesting you did, I'm talking about others.

I've never seen her on the BBC. Obviously I'm bound to have missed some times she's been on but if it had been a "ridiculous" amount I'm sure I would have picked it up at some point. By far the most common times I come across references to her - at least 90% - are when she's slaughtered on here or on Twitter. I've nver understood how anyone can be that angry about bad comedy.