Unpopular opinions.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh aye, it is absolutely laziness.

BBC breakfast this morning were pandering to it doing voxpops with people banging on about 'this isn't what christmas is supposed to be about', or 'what about my christmas shopping?' etc. Utter, utter nonsense.

Also a couple of people on my social media saying it has 'fucking ruined' Christmas for them. How exactly?

Surely if they're out Christmas shopping they'll be near a post office, or almost definitely walk by a postbox. From what I remember it took all of 5 minutes online to register for a postal vote. 

It's more hassle actually going out shopping instead of buying stuff online.

f**k these clowns

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This stuff about people not voting because the election is near Xmas is a load of shite.

Voting takes maybe an hour (probably 15 minutes for me) out of one day nearly 2 weeks before Xmas day. This idea that Xmas should be 2 months of unmitigated festive joy is just nonsense.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

^^^ Ebeneezer Scrooge

Got any salmon?

23 minutes ago, deej said:

Surely if they're out Christmas shopping they'll be near a post office, or almost definitely walk by a postbox. From what I remember it took all of 5 minutes online to register for a postal vote. 

It's more hassle actually going out shopping instead of buying stuff online.

f**k these clowns

To be honest these folk shouldn’t be encouraged to vote. They’ll only vote Brexit anyway.

That silly c**t Fandan Walker has now just said “imagine opening your door expecting to find a carol singer and there’s a party campaigner there ha ha ha”.  If I opened my door and there was a carol singer there before the 23rd December I would probably tell them to f**k off.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If I opened my door and there was a carol singer there before the 23rd December I would probably tell them to f**k off.

FTFY

Edited by deej

57 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

To be honest these folk shouldn’t be encouraged to vote. They’ll only vote Brexit anyway.

That silly c**t Fandan Walker has now just said “imagine opening your door expecting to find a carol singer and there’s a party campaigner there ha ha ha”.  If I opened my door and there was a carol singer there before the 23rd December I would probably tell them to f**k off.

There will be a lot of "turkeys voting for Christmas" type puns around this election. 

On the plus side, there's the potential for Gammony-types to get panned by snowballs. 

I imagine for example just on P&B that all of the puddle drinkers posting political pish outside of the politics forum will be torture, there is a reason that all of the Highland Hamishes. Rugger Watchers etc. have their own forum.

Anyone who does post politics outside of the appropriate forum should be executed in the centre circle at half time in the Caramel Wafer Cup Final. IMO and I'll vote for any candidate who endorses this.

Edited by Jason King

On 29/10/2019 at 08:18, DiegoDiego said:

Very fitting as I live about ten miles from the Prosecco DOCG area. The unfulfilled, middle-aged, female office staff of the UK are making a lot of people around here very rich. You know me too well, Mullarkey.

they must be rolling in it even more since Aperol became the aperitif of choice for hipsters over here, too - the price has gone up over 40% during the course of this last summer;

as I've drunk it for years (yes - mixed with proper prosecco frizzante - fueling my cretinous Venetan affectations)  I'm fucking livid !

I'm partrially looking forward to the overheated rhetoric in thsi election.  We were used to the 24 hours to save our NHS stuff, we've already had the National saying that there's 6 weeks to SAVE SCOTLAND.  

On 29/10/2019 at 08:18, DiegoDiego said:
On 28/10/2019 at 20:14, Melanius Mullarkey said:
b6ea8034e94ffa3930b2ed933cd92337--prosecco-bubbles.jpg&key=61fb77dd5ac8872795c4d46455a7c9c3619ded86e3ebfb758e8da18112bba611

Very fitting as I live about ten miles from the Prosecco DOCG area. The unfulfilled, middle-aged, female office staff of the UK are making a lot of people around here very rich. You know me too well, Mullarkey.

I hadn't heard of Prosecco till about 5 years ago. Don't know how they did it but the Cava producers must be livid with their marketing people.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also a couple of people on my social media saying it has 'fucking ruined' Christmas for them. How exactly?

You've answered your own question there. 

Social media governed simpleton's.

I hadn't heard of Prosecco till about 5 years ago. Don't know how they did it but the Cava producers must be livid with their marketing people.
I didn't think it was properly called this until after makers in Champagne, France called for naming laws or something, then everyone outside of that region had to drop the Champagne name.

Why, what specifically will it do to complicate your life?

It won’t complicate anything it will just make Christmas time far less enjoyable with all of it going on. All the shit that’s going to come in the build up to it when we should be having fun hanging up our decorations and carol singing and then the inevitable Tory majority win 12 days before the big day itself to completely ruin Christmas for everyone in the country who isn’t a c**t. It doesn’t sound very festive to me.

It won’t complicate anything it will just make Christmas time far less enjoyable with all of it going on. All the shit that’s going to come in the build up to it when we should be having fun hanging up our decorations and carol singing and then the inevitable Tory majority win 12 days before the big day itself to completely ruin Christmas for everyone in the country who isn’t a c**t. It doesn’t sound very festive to me.
It'll be done and dusted (and reacted to by the media) ten days before Christmas. Absolutely no effect on any reasonable person's celebrations.

The build up, hanging decorations and carol singing are all shite.

Xmas day is about eating and getting a bit pissed and a general election does not affect that.
I prefer the build up* more than the day itself tbh. People tend to be a lot more pleasant in the run up to Christmas, particularly the week before. After Xmas day they revert back to being the p***ks they are. Putting decorations up is a nice time for the wee one(s) and builds the excitement. On Xmas day I'm sitting like 'I need to start getting this shite down in the next couple of days'.

* Build up being the start of December. Christmas stuff at this time of the year is a PTTGOMN.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Anyone who does post politics outside of the appropriate forum should be executed in the centre circle at half time in the Caramel Wafer Cup Final. IMO and I'll vote for any candidate who endorses this.

If they execute them by beheading them, then you have just put your own neck on the line by stating who you will be backing. Very much a turkey voting for Christmas scenario.